Dairy Engineering Division, ICAR-NDRI, Karnal
Current Research Area
- B. Tech. (D.T.) from ICAR-NDRI, Karnal (2010-2014).
- M. Tech. (D.E.) from ICAR-NDRI, Karnal (2014-2016).
Major Research Accomplishments
Second prize at zonal level in team research proposal presentation competition on “Development of prototype of low cost milk processing system” in ANVESHAN: Students’ Research Convention (Engineering Sciences, North Zone) of Association of Indian Universities during 28-29 December, 2015 held at ICAR – NDRI, Karnal.
Consolation prize at National level in team research proposal presentation competition on “Development of prototype of low cost milk processing system” in ANVESHAN: Students’ Research Convention under (Agricultural sciences, National Level) of Association of Indian Universities during 28-30 March, 2016 held at Sardar Patel University, Anand, Gujarat.
First prize in Innovative Ideas on Infant Food Formula competition on “Innovative Infant Food Formulation” held in NDRI organized by NADS on 1st june, 2013.
Second prize in Hindi Poster Presentation competition in NDRI, Karnal (2015).
Second prize in Novel Research Idea Competition on “Edible coating as vehicle for fortification: A two pronged approach” organized by NADS and NDRI National Academy of Dairy Science held on 6th nov, 2013 at NDRI, Karnal.
Fourth Prize in Alltech Innovation Competition India, 2016 for venture idea entitled “Utilization and Availability of Whey in an Economic and Profitable Manner”.
- Awarded DST-INSPIRE fellowship (2017 – 2020) by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.
- Awarded ICAR-JRF (2014 – 2016) for Master’s Degree Programme by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi, India.
- Awarded Director’s Gold Medal for Master’s programme (M.Tech. + MSc.+ MVSc) 2014-2016 by ICAR-NDRI, Karnal in the year 2016.
- Awarded Merit Certificate for Master’s programme (Dairy Engineering) 2014-2016 by ICAR-NDRI, Karnal in the year 2016.
- Awarded Merit Certificate for Bachelor’s programme (Dairy Technology) 2010-2014 by ICAR-NDRI, Karnal in the year 2014.
- Recipient of ICAR-NDRI, Institute Fellowship (2016-2017) for Doctoral Degree Programme (Dairy Engineering)
- Successfully completed FSMS Lead Auditor training course based on ISO 22000:2005 and ISO/TS 22002-1:2009 for FSSC Certification audits in the year 2016.
- Successfully completed Internal Auditor training course on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) and Food Safety Management System (FSMS) in the year 2015.
- Successfully completed training course on “Electrospinning for Nanofibre production & it’s Applications” in the year 2018.
- Successfully completed Basic level on NQ (Nutrition Quotient) Professional Certification Course initiated by Tetra Pak in 2013.
- Successfully completed Intermediate level on NQ (Nutrition Quotient) Professional Certification Course initiated by Tetra Pak in 2013.
Patents, Technology, Methodology, Genetic Stock, Variety, etc.:
- Priyanka, P.S. Minz, Gajanan D.P, Subramani P., and Ripudaman Singh. Application of image analysis technique to determine cleaning of ohmic heating system for milk. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 56(12), 5405-5414.
- Priyanka, Minz, P.S., and Subramani P. (2018). Study of heating pattern during heat treatment of milk by ohmic heating. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 7(2): 3033-3036.
- P Narender Raju, Priyanka and Sangita Ganguly. (2015). Starch-chitosan based composite edible antimicrobial film: modeling the growth of selected food spoilage microbiota. Indian Journal of Dairy Science, 68(4): 316-320.
- Gajanan D.P, Priyanka, Rohit Sindhav and Naveen Jose (2018). Application of Beetroot as Natural Coloring Pigment and Functional Ingredient in Dairy and Food Products. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences, 7(12).
- Birwal P., Gajanan D.P, Priyanka, Patel S.S (2017). Advanced technologies for dairy effluent treatment. Journal of Food, Nutrition and Population Health, 1: 1-7.