The Staff Club exists in the institute for recreation of staff and their family members. The broad objectives of the staff club are as follows:
- To promote social and cultural activities of the staff of the national dairy research institute and their families.
- To provide facilities for out-door and in-door games, and organize tournaments.
- To provide facilities of a reading room and library.
- To organize study tours and excursion trips.
- To assist the Institute in organizing the celebrations of National festivals.
The membership of NDRI Staff Club is open to all the regular staff members of the institute on payment of membership fee which is decided in the executive committee of the club on year to year basis. In addition to membership fee, the club also gets matching grant from ICAR to perform following activities to rejuvenate the staff members:
- Celebration of various festivals including national festivals,
- Cultural programs
- Children competition (in dance/music/calligraphy/painting etc.)
- Sports (Badminton, Chess, Carom, Cricket, Athletes, Kabaddi, Volleyball etc.)
- Extracurricular activities (Yoga classes/ training programs etc.)
- Excursion/ study tours
- Family functions (Birthday, marriage, religious etc.)
- Maintenance of library