Dr. Writdhama G Prasad
Dr. Writdhama G Prasad
Dairy Technology Division, ICAR-NDRI, Karnal, Haryana, Ph no: +91-184-2259247
Email: Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Research Area
• Functionality and shelf life enhancement of traditional dairy products • Sensory evaluation of dairy products
- Ph.D. (Dairy Technology)
Major Research Accomplishments:
- Developed protein enriched extruded snack
- Developed herb incorporated burfi
- Best poster award at 46thDairy Industry Conference 2018, Kochi, Kerala Indian Dairy Association (South Zone) held on February 8-10-2018.
- Best oral presentation award at International Conference on Rural Livelihood improvement for enhancing farmers’ income through Sustainable Innovative Agri and Allied Enterprises (RLISAAe) organized by Society for Upliftment of Rural Economy Varansi, India during 30th October- 01 November 2018.
- Best thesis award in Dairy Technology atInternational Conference on Rural Livelihood improvement for enhancing farmers’ income through Sustainable Innovative Agri and Allied Enterprises (RLISAAe) organized by Society for Upliftment of Rural Economy Varansi, India during 30th October- 01 November 2018.
- Best poster award at 47thDairy Industry Conference 2019, Patna, Bihar, Indian Dairy Association (East Zone) held on February 2019.
|Completed Research Projects|
|S.No.||Title of Project||Funding
|Role||Duration/Date of completion|
|1.||Preparation of spray dried whey protein based curcumin encapsulate||ICAR-NDRI||PI||2017-19|
|Ongoing Research Projects|
|1.||Preparation of polyphenols rich whey powder||ICAR-NDRI||Co-PI||2018-21|
|2.||Preparation of fermented whey with enhanced bio-accessible iron content||ICAR-NDRI||PI||2019-21|
|3.||Development of functional traditional sweetmeats through 3D food printing||ICAR (Extramural)||Co-PI||2019-22|
Training programmes conducted:
- Programme Coordinator for International Training Program on “Milk and Milk Products Processing” for 10Uganda participants,sponsored by ITEC Mission, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India at ICAR-NDRI, Karnal during 04 March – 18 March, 2019.
- Programme Coordinator for International Training Program on “Milk and Milk Products Processing” for 09African participants, sponsored by IAFS-III, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India at ICAR-NDRI, Karnal during 04 November – 15November, 2019.
- Programme Coordinator for Training Program on ‘Sensory Evaluation of Milk Products’ for Verka (Milkfed) Employees for 20 participants at ICAR-NDRI, Karnal during 17-19November, 2017.
Training programmes attended
- Training Programme on “Analysis of Experimental Data” Organized by ICAR-NAARM, Hyderabad at organized at ICAR-NAARM, Hyderabad from 20-25 February, 2017.
- CAFT training programme on “Rapid biosensors and micro techniques for monitoring contaminants and adulterants in dairy foods” organized at ICAR-NDRI, Karnal from 4-24 January 2019.
|1.||Prasad, W., Khamrui, K., Mandal, S., &Badola, R. (2017). Anti-oxidative, physico-chemical and sensory attributes of burfi affected by incorporation of different herbs and its comparison with synthetic anti-oxidant (BHA). Journal of Food Science and Technology, 54(12), 3802-3809.|
|2.||Prasad, W., Khamrui, K., &Sheshgiri, S. (2017). Effect of Packaging Materials and Essential Oils on the Storage Stability of Burfi, a Dairy Dessert. Journal of Packaging Technology and Research, 1(3), 181-192.|
|3.||Prasad, W., Khamrui, K., Mandal, S., &Badola, R. (2018). Effect of combination of essential oils on physico-chemical and sensorial attributes of burfi in comparison to individual essential oil and BHA. International Journal of Dairy Technology, 71(3), 810-819.|
|4.||Sandhya, S., Khamrui, K., Prasad, W G and Manoj Kumar C T (2018). Preparation of pomegranate peel extract powder and evaluation of its effect on functional properties and shelf life of curd. LWT-Food Science and Technology, doi: 10.1016/j.lwt.2018.02.057.|
|5.||Lodh, J., Khamrui, K and Prasad, W. G. (2018). Optimization of heat treatment and curcumin level for the preparation of anti-oxidant rich ghee from fermented buffalo cream by Central Composite Rotatable Design. Journal of Food Science and Technology 55(5): 1832-1839.|
|6.||Badola, R., Panjagari, N. R., Singh, R. R. B., Singh, A. K., &Prasad, W. G. (2018). Effect of clove bud and curry leaf essential oils on the anti-oxidative and anti-microbial activity of burfi, a milk-based confection. Journal of food science and technology, 55(12), 4802-4810.|
|7.||Prasad, W.,Khamrui, K., Badola, R, Sandhya, S & Gupta, H. R. (2018). Effect of incorporation of herbal essential oil on anti-oxidative, instrumental color and sensorial attributes of burfi. Indian Journal of Dairy Science 72 (1): 70-75.|
|8.||Badola, R., Panjagari, N. R., Singh, R. R. B., Singh, A. K., &Prasad, W. G. (2017). Combined effect of herbal essential oil and in-package microwave thermization treatment on shelf life of burfi. Indian Journal of Dairy Science, 70(6), 674-682.|