Dr S. Subash
Dr S. Subash
Extension Section, SRS of ICAR-NDRI, Adugodi, Bengaluru-560030, Karnataka, Phone: +91-9739799807
Current Research Area
Entrepreneurship Development, ICT applications in Dairying and Small holder Dairying.
- BSc (Agri)
- MSc (Dairy Extension)
- PhD (Dairy Extension)
Major Research Accomplishments
- Through Action research promoted two successful women based SHG in dairy entrepreneurship.
- Farmer participatory approach was used in conducting the field trials on different seasonal fodder crops and their feeding to the cattle in rain fed areas of Rajasthan state.
- An innovative Actors Linkage Matrix (ALM) on milk innovation system was developed.
- Documented Small holder dairy production systems in southern India.
- Successfully demonstrated an innovative technology transfer process of taking the dairy education to the farmers door step through mobile van extension unit.
- Recognized as a Member, National Working Committee, Y-PARD India for the Year 2014-15.
- Awarded Competency Certificate on ‘Mobiles for Development’, a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) for Development jointly offered by Commonwealth of Learning (COL) and The Center for Continuing Education, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK) during December 2013.
- Awarded Competency Certificate on ‘Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on MOOC jointly offered by Commonwealth of Learning (COL) and The Center for Continuing Education, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK) during November 2014
- Training programme on Agropedia – NAIP project “Re-Designing the Farmer-Extension-Agricultural Research/Education Continuum in India with ICT Mediated Knowledge Management”
- Training programme on “Content Management for e-Learning System using MOODLE”
- ‘Data analysis using SAS’ Under NAIP project on ‘Strengthening Statistical Computing for NARS’.
- ICAR Winter School on “Livestock Business and Market Intelligence”
- Training workshop on “Institutional Innovations in Agri-Extension for Inclusive Growth”
- Lead Auditor training course on “Quality Management Systems” ISO 9001-2008
- Consultative workshop on ‘Extension Strategies to Strengthen Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Sector’
- Training programme on ‘Implementation of Management Information System (MIS) including Financial Management System (FMS)’
Patents, Technology, Methodology, Genetic Stock, Variety, etc.:
- An innovative extension model on ‘ Certified Livestock Advisors’ (CLA) was developed to create more number of Para-vet service providers and placing them appropriately at field level for rendering the quality services to the farmers.
- Methodology for milk production ‘Innovation System’ research was developed to study the different actors in milk production system.
- Innovative Technology Transfer Approach Mobile Extension Unit was successfully implemented.
- S.Subash, K.S. Kadian and G. Prasad babu, Asif Mohammad. (2012). Perceived Effect of Internet Use on Students Overall Performance. Journal of Global Communication. Volume-5, Issue-1 (January-June 2012).
- Asif Mohammad, Jancy Gupta, R. Senthil Kumar, S. Subash. (2012). Linkage Pattern among Actors of Milk Production Innovation System in Coastal Saline Soil Zone of West Bengal (India). Journal of Global Communication. Volume-5, Issue-1 (January-June 2012).
- R.Senthil Kumar, Ram Kumar, B.S.Meena, S.Subash, Asif Mohammad. (2012). Entrepreneurial Behaviour of Dairy Farmers. Indian Journal of Dairy Science, Vol. – 65 (NO.2) (March. – April. 2012).
- S. Subash, K.S. Kadian and R. Senthil Kumar (2013). The Perceived Constraints and Suggestions on Internet Use by the Students of a National Institute. Journal of Global Communication. Volume-6, Issue-1 (January-June 2013).
- Prasad Babu, G, K.S. Kadian, R. Senthil Kumar and S.Subash. (2013). Use of ICT-Enabled Services for Empowerment of Dairy Farmers in Andhra Pradesh. Journal of Global Communication. Volume-6, Issue 2 (July–December 2013).
- G.Prasad Babu, D.S. Brar, N. Satish Kumar and S.Subash (2014). Comparative Study on Performance of Crossbred and Non-descript Dairy Cattle under Field Conditions. Environment & Ecology. 32 (1): 70-73.
- Jancy Gupta and S.Subash.2011. Extension Approaches for Clean Milk Production at Field level. Book entitled “Modern Dairy Management” edited by Jancy Gupta and published by NDRI Press. Page no: 110-120.
- S.Subash. 2012. Dairy Development Schemes: A gateway for Entrepreneurship Development published in a book entitled “An Introduction to Scientific Dairy Farming” published by The Head, SRS, NDRI Bangalore 2012 page no: 181-194.