Dr R K Mehla
Dr R K Mehla
Livestock Production & Management section National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal (Haryana), India Contact Information:+91-184-2259106 (O),
Current Research Area
Livestock Production & Management
- B. Sc Dairy Husbandry
- M. Sc. Dairying (Livestock Production & Management
- Ph.D. Dairying (Livestock Production & Management)
Major Research Accomplishments
• Have more than 27 years of experience in research in dairy animal production and management. Worked as principal investigator and associate in 6 research projects mainly aimed at evolving, testing and refinement of dairy animal production management practices. Developed and validated sustainable milk production system of crossbred cows
• Current research projects include “Effect of feeding shatavari on milk production of crossbred cows and buffaloes.
- Teaching various PG courses and Ph. D course as listed below
- Ecological aspects of animal production
- Integrated crop and livestock management system
- Milk production management
- Advances in livestock environment management)
Dairy Farm Management experience
Developed and validated package of management practices for crossbred dairy cows at Gopal Krishana Gaushala, Gurukul, Kurukshetra
Guidance to student:
- Regularly giving lectures to extension functionaries, farmer groups, field veterinarians, para-veterinary staff and other trainees at the institute’s KVK on different topics on scientific dairy farming.
Patents, Technology, Methodology, Genetic Stock, Variety, etc.:
- Published a total of 40 articles which includes 35 research articles in various National and International Journals, 5 technical article and 1 book chapters.