Dr. Biswajit Sen
Dr. Biswajit Sen
Division of Dairy Economics, Statistics & Management , ICAR-NDRI, Karnal
Current Research Area
Medals and Fellowships:
|Name of the Medals/ fellowships||Year in which received||Name of the organization|
|UGC NET- JRF (Economics)||2018-2020||UGC|
|IARI Merit Scholarship||2017-2018||ICAR-IARI|
|ICAR – Junior Research Fellowship||2015-2017||ICAR-IARI|
|Merit Scholarship for Academic Excellence||2011-2015||Visva-Bharati|
- N. A. Majumdar Prize award for the best paper titled “Crop Residue Production and Bioenergy Potential in India: Crop and Regional Level Analysis” authored by Venkatesh P., Renjini V.R., Sen B., Dubey S.K., Balasubramanian M., Sangeetha V., &Jha G.K. in 78th annual conference by Indian Society of Agricultural Economics (ISAE) under subject “ Seven year plan for agriculture- Output and bio-waste management”.
List of publications (Research papers)
- Sen, B., Venkatesh, P., Jha, G. K., Singh, D. R. & Suresh, A. (2017). Agricultural Diversification and its Impact on Farm Income: A Case Study of Bihar. Agricultural Economics Research Review.
- Sen, B., Venkatesh, P., Jha, G. K., Singh, D. R., Suresh, A., Kuriachen, P., &Sapkal, S. B. (2018). Identifying the Determinants of Agricultural Diversification: A State wise Scenario. Indian Journal of Extension Education, 54(1), 18-23.
- Kuriachen, P., Sen, B., & Praveen, K. (2020). Factorization of agricultural production in India: A quantile regression approach. Indian Journal of agricultural Sciences, 90(1), 152-156.
- Jha, G. K., Palanisamy, V., Sen, B., Choudhary, K., & Kumar, A. (2018, July). Abridging the yield gap in eastern Indian states: Issues and challenges. In 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia (No. 277542). International Association of Agricultural Economists (ISAE).
- Upadhyaya, L., Burman, R. R., Sharma, J. P., Padaria, R. N., Paul, S., &Sen, B. (2019). Innovation mapping in agriculture: Relating with technology dissemination and adoption lags in crop sector in India.In Conference, 12-15th Feb, 2019, Melbourne(No. 2186-2019-1387). Australasian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society (AARES).
- Sen, B., Geetha, M. L., Venkatesh, P., Sangeetha, V., & Aditya, K. S. (2018). Bio-fortification in India: economics of micronutrient enrichment. In Conference, 15-17th Nov, 2018, Karnal, Haryana. Agricultural Economics Research Association (India) (AERA).
- Participated in the regional seminar on “Diversification of Agriculture in Eastern India” organized by Agro Economic Research Centre, Visva-Bharati and Indian Society of Agricultural Economics on 23-25 March, 2012, Visva-Bharati, West Bengal.
Other Contributions to Academic field:
- Volunteered in KrishiVigyanMela organized by Indian Agricultural Research Institute, IARI, New Delhi, 2016 and 2017
- Presented divisional seminars on themes varied economic and econometric topics.