Dr. K. S. Kadian
Dr. K. S. Kadian
Principal Scientist & Head
Division of Dairy Extension, ICAR-NDRI, Karnal, Ph. no. 0184-2259210, 2259214 (O)
Email: Email: kskadian @rediffmail.com
Current Research Area
Entrepreneurship Development, impact assessment
Google Scholar id: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&view_op=list_works&gmla=AJsN-F6wYiWgiHo3ZJCZYYy3z7HibYTmhrlH8bn0Mtu7pGByfCWhjBmw6g_25U8Lp-Nye3NChXDDqPm6PFszPpfTB4ELfcJUQ&user=0gmWZecAAAAJ
|S.No.||Examination Passed||University/Board||Class or Division||% of Marks||Discipline|
|1.||M.Sc.||N.D.R.I., Karnal||1st||70%||Dairy Extension|
|2.||Ph.D.||N.D.R.I., Karnal||1st||75%||Dairy Extension|
Patent/technology/Methodology/genetic stock, variety etc. :
- A scale to measure socio-economic status of dairy farmers was developed
Research Papers (Best 10):
- Girish, C. E, Kadian, K. S, Meena, B. S. and Mandi, Kalyan (2020). Knowledge Assessment of Farmers Regarding Sericulture Based Dairy Farming in Karnataka State. Asian Journal of Agricultural Extension, Economics & Sociology, 38(4): 16-20.
- Neelam, Hema S.C.and Kadian, K.S. (2018). Constraints under ATMA extension system and suggestions for its better performance: an explorative study of stakeholders of ATMA in Andhra Pradesh, India. Plant Archives, 18(1):190-194.
- Mooventhan, P; Kadian, K.S; Senthilkumar, R., Manimaran, A. and Karpagam C.(2017). Tribal farmers’ perceived constraints in the adoption of good dairy farming practices in the northern hills zone of Chhattisgarh, India, Journal of Applied and Natural Science, 9(1):533-538.
- Lal, S.P., Kadian, K.S., Jha, S.K., Wodajo, W.A. and Lokhande, J.P. (2017). A methodological pathway to quantify livelihood security of the farmers: A confluence of alfares and FAO approach to frame and index. Indian Journal of Economics and development, 139(2a):772-778.
- Laxmi, B., Sangappa, B. and Kadian, K.S. (2017). A comparative analysis on the managerial ability of success and unsuccessful agripreneurs running dairy enterprise in Karnataka, India. Journal of Entrepreneurship and Management, 6(2): 46-50.
- Mooventhan, P; Kadian, K.S; Senthilkumar, R., Kumaresan, A; Manimaran, A. and Selvan, A.S. (2017). Effectiveness of Mastitis management instructional video on knowledge of tribal farmers in northern hills zone of Chhattisgarh. Indian Journal Animal Sciences, 87 (3): 391–395.
- Lal, S.P., Kadian, K.S., Kale, Rajiv Baliram and Shruti (2017). Friedman based analysis of perceived constraints among dairy farmers affected by national calamity in India. Indian J. Dairy Sci., 69 (6):725-727.
- Neelam, Hema S.C. and Kadian, K.S.(2016). Public agricultural extension system support for the natural farming: A case of convergence effort under ATMA, India. American Journal Rural Development, 4(4):93-96.
- Mooventhan, P; Kadian, K.S; Senthilkumar, R., Manimaran, A., Meena, B.S. and Karpagam, C. (2016). Assessment of tribal dairy farmers’ perceived importance, level of awareness and constraints in the adoption of good feeding farming using exploratory factor analysis. Range management & agroforestry, 37(1): 98-103.
- Kadian, K.S. (2014). A tool to measure socio-economic status of dairy farmers. Indian J. Animal Sciences, 84 (1): 91-95.
Student Guided (Number only)
M.Sc. :15 Ph.D. : 12
- Conferred with Young Scientist Award -2007 for outstanding contributions in the field of Extension Education and Best Extension Professional Award-2017 for outstanding contributions in the field of Extension Education by the Society of Extension Education, Agra
Current Research project:
|Sr. No||Title of the Research Project||Project team||Year||Funding Agency|
|1||Nurturing Latent Agro-animal based Entrepreneurship among the youth in Mewat District of Haryana||H.R. Meena
|2||Mitigation of stubble burning through custom hiring centers for agricultural machinery in Trans –Gangetic Plain region||H.R. Meena
|3||Automation on Commercial Dairy Farm in North India: Farmers Perspective Appraisal||H.R. Meena