Experimental Dairy was setup in this Institute in 1961 with the objective of providing necessary infrastructure facilities to the scientists for the scaling up of new products/processes developed in the laboratories on the pilot scale as well as to provide training facilities to the students in the operation of dairy plants. After meeting the requirement of research and teaching, the plant is used for converting the surplus milk into variety of dairy products. During the year 2020, Experimental dairy manufactured and sold Skimmed Milk Powder (Roller), Pasteurized table butter, Ghee, Paneer, Kalakand, Lassi, Ice–creams, Flavoured Dairy Drink, Processed Cheese Slices, Gulab Jamun Mix Powder, Pizza Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Khoa, Mozzarella Cheese, Table Cream and cooking butter. During the pandemic COVID-19, Experimental Dairy introduced Masala Paneer which contained immunity boosting spices like Black Pepper, White Pepper, Lauang, Dalchini and Fresh Ginger among other. The product was well accepted amongst the consumers. These products are sold through the well stabilized milk parlour located at the main entrance gate of the Institute. Experimental Dairy is certified under the Food Safety Management System (FSMS) ISO22000:2018.
- Experimental Dairy provides practical teaching & training facility to students & scientists of the N.D.R.I. Deemed University.
- It also provides training facility to outside students of various universities/colleges and entrepreneurs from across the country in the dairy field. Fourteen students from several institutions were provided practical training during the year 2020 in the experimental dairy.
- Experimental Dairy, self sustaining dairy running under Revolving Fund Scheme since 1989-90. Revenue generated through scheme is being utilized for development of infrastructure of experimental dairy.
The Experimental Dairy is divided into following Sections
- Condensing and Drying
- Market Milk
- Butter and Cheese
- Sales Section
- Quality control Laboratory
- Store and Workshop
Price List of Milk Products Being Sold at Milk Parlour
Name of Products
|Present Price (Rs.)|
|1||Table/P. Butter (200 gm.) Per Pkt.||120.0|
|2||Paneer 500gm. Per Pkt.||180.0|
|3||Paneer 250gm. Per Pkt.||90.0|
|4||Proc. Cheese Slice (200 gm.) Per Pkt.||150.0|
|5||Ice-Cream (100 ml.) Per Cup||30.0|
|6||Kalakand Per Kg.||440.0|
|8||SMP Roller (Powder) Per Kg.||500.0|
|9||Gulab Jamun Mix (Powder) 500gm.||180.0|
|10||Pizza Cheese (200 gm) Per Pkt.||120.0|
|11||Green cheese/Cheddar Cheese Per Kg.||420.0|
|12||Mozzarella Cheese Per Kg.||360.0|
Milk Parlour Timings
|Window Opening Time:||9.30 AM|
|Window Closing Time:||5.30 PM|
|Lunch Break Time:||1.00 PM To 2.30 PM|
- Facility of swipe machine for payment by card available.