This Degree programme offers intensive training in processing and quality control of milk and products and engineering aspects of dairy processing equipments. The duration of the B. Tech. (DT) programme is four years. All courses are given under semester system.
One academic year consists of two Semesters each of about 18 weeks duration. During seventh and eighth semester the students shall undergo In-plant Training on dairy plant operation and management at Model Dairy Plant located at Institute’s premises and in any of the commercial dairy plants as organized by Head DT.
Eligibility for Admission To B.Tech. (DT)
- The eligibility for admission is 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English from a Board/University recognized by the Institute. Only those candidates who have obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent G.P.A. in the aggregate are eligible for admission to B.Tech. (Dairy Technology). The requirement of marks in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Cast/Tribe and PH is 40% or equivalent GPA.
- The Candidates appearing for 10+2 examination can also apply subject to his/her producing 10+2 passing certificate on the date of counselling.
The admissions to B.Tech. (DT) programme are done through an All India Combined Entrance Examination conducted by the Education Division of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi. The subjects for the entrance examination are physics, chemistry and mathematics. The syllabus for these subjects is of 10+2 standard. The candidates are selected for admission on the basis of the merit in the combined examination and counseling.
The common rank candidates merit will be decided on the basis of marks/grade obtained in the previous qualifying examination. In case the marks obtained in the previous qualifying examination is same then the merit order will be decided on the basis of date of birth, candidates seniority in age will be given upper rank accordingly.
Fifteen per cent of total seats are reserved for bonafide candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, 7.5 per cent for Scheduled Tribes, 27% for OBC and 3% for Physically Handicapped subject to their being otherwise eligible. 2% seats are reserved for remote and under privileged states/UTs (UPS).Candidates from UPS will have to produce domicile certificate issued by the competent authority at the time of counselling.
The reservation of seats amongst the SC/ST categories is interchangeable if sufficient number of candidates is not available in a given subject as per merit-rank in examination.
In case candidates from reserve categories are not available, the same will be filled up from general category.
Definition for physically handicapped
Candidates having permanent disability of not less than 40%, provided the candidate is otherwise fit for admission. Such candidates will have to bring a certificate as appended in the Information Bulletin from the Chief Medical Officer of the District to which the candidates belongs. Such candidates will also have to appear before the Medical Board constituted by the Director for determining the percentage of disability and for assessment whether they are fit to carry out the duties despite being handicapped.
Procedure for Application
Admission shall be made on the basis of merit through All India Entrance Examination conducted by the Education Division, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II, Pusa, New Delhi
Entrance Examination & Selection Procedure
- The Entrance examination is conducted by the ICAR New Delhi at several locations in the country.
- The sale of Information Bullletins including application forms is arranged by the ICAR through Registrars of State Agricultural Universities and Deemed Universities of ICAR.
- The result of Entrance Examination is declared by the ICAR on it’s website (www.icar.org.in)
- The ICAR conducts the Counseling for admission at National Agricultural Science Centre Complex, Cev prakash Shastry Marg, Pusa Campus, New Delhi on specified dates.
- Candidates admitted at NDRI have to deposit Rs. 2000/- as part of regular fees to confirm their admission and issue of admission letter by the ICAR.
- Those candidates who opt for admission in other universities are not entitled to get wait listed.
- Such candidates who are not able to get admission at NDRI and opt for not to join at any other university, are eligible to exercise the option of getting wait listed.
- The waiting list is prepared by the ICAR and operated by NDRI for filling up the seats which fall vacant due to non reporting of selected candidates leaving after joining.
- The schedule for operation of waiting list is announced by NDRI on the website and also braught to the notice of wait listed candidates during counseling at New Delhi.
- Individual letters or communications are not given by NDRI for counseling schedules out of the waiting list.
- There is no provision of migration from any other university to NDRI and vice versa.
The candidate should have completed age of 17 years on or before 31st July of particular year of admission and must not be over 23 years. No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum and maximum age limit.
- Foreign students seeking admission at this Institute shall have to submit their applications through their respective Embassies at New Delhi or the respective Indian Missions in their countries to the Govt. of India, Department of Agricultural Research and Education, Krishi Bhavan, New Delhi-110001 and the candidature of foreign students shall be considered only if they are sponsored with financial support by (a) their respective Governments or (b) the Government of India.
- The nominees of foreign countries and those given under clause 10.1 should have the equivalent qualifications required for admission. In their cases, the percentage of marks will not be insisted. They should possess the requisite qualification in the concerned discipline and its cognate branches. A good knowledge of English is essential. A certificate of the candidate’s proficiency in English, issued by the respective Indian Mission abroad, should accompany their application for admission. Further, the foreign students are required to be in possession of visa.
- All the foreign students other than those sponsored by the Government of India with suitable fellowship such as ITEC Program. General Cultural Scholarship and Cultural Technical Exchange will be charged Institutional Economic Fee @ US $ 400/- p.m. or US $ 4000/- p.a. This fee will be over and above other usual charges of the University.
- Last date for receipt of application, results and mark sheet from the applicant, who are Foreign Nationals will be the same as prescribed for Indian citizens. 10.5 As per directive from the Govt. of India, Ministry of Health, New Delhi, health check for foreign students including that for AIDS is mandatory. Foreign students will subject themselves for health check within one month of arrival and till the results are known the students will be admitted provisionally. Their admission is to be confirmed on production of fitness certificate from the competent authority.
Doctor of Philosophy
Masters in Dairying
Diploma in DT & Animal Husbandry & Dairying