Dr Sadeesh E M
Animal Biochemistry, ICAR-National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal
Current Research Area
- Post Doctoral Research at The University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
- Ph.D.(Animal Biochemistry) at Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izat Nagar (Uttar Pradesh)
- M.V.Sc.(Animal Biochemistry) at National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal (Haryana)
- B.V.Sc. at Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur (Kerala)
Major Research Accomplishments
- DBT-Overseas Fellowship (2014-2015), Ministry of Science & Technology, Gov. of India.
- Life member of Indian Society for the Study of Reproduction and Fertility.
- Life Member of Society for Mitochondrial Research and Medicine-India.
- Qualified National Eligibility Test for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Qualified for the Junior Research Fellowship provided by Indian Council of Agricultural Research for pursuing M.V.Sc.
- Short Course on Recent Advances in Proteomics for Biomarker Discovery from July 8 to July 17, 2013 at NDRI, Karnal.
- Hands on Training on Cloning Research for Quality Animal Production from November 21 to November 30, 2011 at NDRI, Karnal.
Patents, Technology, Methodology, Genetic Stock, Variety, etc.:
- Sadeesh EM, Meena Kataria, Fozia Shah (2017). Combined positive effect of oocyte extracts and brilliant cresyl blue stained recipient cytoplasts on epigenetic reprogramming and gene expression in buffalo nuclear transfer embryos. Cytotechnology. 69:289–305.
- Sadeesh EM, Sikka P, Balhara AK, Balhara S (2016). Developmental competence and expression profile of genes in buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) oocytes and embryos collected under different environmental stress. Cytotechnology. 68:2271–2285.
- Sadeesh EM, Selokar NL, Balhara AK, Yadav PS (2016). Differences in developmental competence and gene expression profiles between buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) preimplantation embryos cultured in three different embryo culture media. Cytotechnology. 68:1973–1986.
- Sadeesh EM, Fozia Shah, Yadav PS (2016). Differential developmental competence and gene expression patterns in buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) nuclear transfer embryos reconstructed with fetal fibroblasts and amnion mesenchymal stem cells. Cytotechnology. 68:1827–1848.
- Sadeesh EM, Fozia Shah, Meena Kataria, Yadav PS (2016). A comparative study on expression profile of developmentally important genes during preimplantation stages in buffalo handmade cloned embryos derived from adult fibroblasts and amniotic fluid derived stem cells. Cytotechnology.68:1447–1461.
- Sadeesh EM, Meena Kataria, Fozia Shah, Yadav PS (2016). A comparative study on efficiency of adult fibroblast and amniotic fluid cells as donor cells for production of handmade cloned buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) embryos. Cytotechnology. 68:593–608.
- Sadeesh EM (2015). In vitro embryo production in buffalo: effects of culture system on preimplantation development and gene expression pattern. Current Science 109 (3): 603–607.
- Sadeesh EM, Meena Kataria, Balhara S, Yadav PS (2014). Expression profile of developmentally important genes between handmade cloned buffalo embryos produced from reprogramming of donor cell with oocytes extract and selection of recipient cytoplast through brilliant cresyl blue staining and in vitro fertilized embryos. Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics. 31:1541–1552.
- Sadeesh EM, Shah F, Balhara AK, Thirumaran SMK, Yadav S, Yadav PS (2014). Effect of growth factor and antioxidant on in vitro maturation of oocytes and cleavage rates of in vitro produced Indian buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) embryos. Veterinarski Arhiv 84 (5): 459–474.
- Sadeesh EM , Shah F, Balhara AK, Thirumaran SMK, Balhara S, Kumar D, Yadav S, Singh I, Yadav PS (2014). Effect of hormones, sera, follicular fluid and oocyte quality on in vitro nuclear maturation and fertilization rate of Indian water buffalo oocytes. Journal of Cell and Tissue Research 14 (1): 4165–4171.