Mr. P. S. Minz
Dairy Engineering Division, NDRI, Karnal-132001, Haryana Tel: 0184-2259281
Current Research Area
Process mechanization of manufacture of Indian dairy products; Design, development and scale up of equipments; Design and development of machine vision system for quality evaluation of dairy products
- Ph. D. (Pursuing)
- M. Tech. (Agricultural Processing and Food Engineering)
- B. Tech. (Agricultural Engineering)
Major Research Accomplishments
- Certificate of Appreciation Award for poster presented “Ecolabelling: As a potential marketing tool for Food and Dairy Products” at 6th convention of Indian Dairy Engineering Association held at Dairy Science College, Bangalore from 27th-28th August, 2010.
- 3rd best poster award for “Award for “Khoa ko satat roop se thanda karne kye liye yantrikrit pranali ka vikas” organized by Rastrabhasha unit, NDRI, Karnal on 14th September, 2011.
- Best paper award in the field of Processing, Dairy and Food Engineering for the work on the topic “Modification of PAU fruits and vegetable washing machine for emulsion application” during 44th ISAE annual Convention and Symposium, Jan 28-30, 2010 held at IARI, New Delhi.
- M. Tech merit scholarship for academic excellence at Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, A.M.U., Aligarh.
- Certificate of merit in Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural Engineering.
- Summer School on “Food Safety and quality for global competitiveness of traditional foods of India” September 15 to October 5, 2010 held at Centre of Food Science and Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- Training programme on Data Analysis using SAS, December, 18-24, 2010 at NDRI, Karnal.
- Training programme on Agropedia organized by NDRI and IIT, Kanpur, July 31, 2010 at NDRI, Karnal.v
- Training on the usage for online access of journals “CeRA”, June 9, 2010 at NDRI, Karnal.
- Web based E-learning and Content Management, November 3-13, 2009 at NAARM, Hyderabad
- Training on the usage of e-LMS software “MOODLE”, September 24, 2009 at NDRI, Karnal.
- 85th Foundation course for Agricultural Research Service organized at National Academy of Agricultural Research Management, Hyderabad from Feb. 10 – June 09, 2009.
- Short term training at Central Institute of Post Harvest Engineering and Technology (CIPHET), Abohar, Punjab. 2007
- Summer training at Swastik Fruits Products Pvt. Ltd, a franchisee of Parle Agro having production units for Frooti, Appey and packaged drinking water. June, 2006
- One month summer training in farm machinery at CFMTTI, Budhni. June, 2004
- One month certificate course in C++ from NIIT. June, 2003
Patents, Technology, Methodology, Genetic Stock, Variety, etc.:
- Design and development of in-line system for manufacture of Indian dairy products (khoa, burfi, basundi, rabri and ghee).
- Process optimization of industrial manufacture of burfi using three stage scraped surface heat exchanger (SSHE).
- Design of conveying system for viscous dairy products.
- Development of scale up design of continuous khoa making machine.
- Improvisation of industrial butter melter by using extended heat transfer surface (designed using Matlab programming).
- Halder, K., Kumar, B. and Minz, P.S. 2011. Design and development of kinematic half-turn nut paneer pressing mechanism for medium-scale application. Indian Journal of Dairy sci., 64(6):466-471
- Halder, K., Kumar, B., Minz, P.S. and Malhotra, R. 2012. Batch capacity optimization for kinematic half-turn nut paneer pressing mechanism. Indian Journal of Dairy sci., 65(1):19-22
- Kumawat, M., Kumar, B. and Minz, P.S. 2012. Optimization of process parameters for manufacture of khoa using response surface methodology. Indian Journal of Dairy sci., 65(2): 106-114
- Hati, S., Mandal, S., Vij, S., Minz, P.S., Basu, S., Khetra, Y., Yadav, D. and Dahiya, M. 2012. Non-thermal plasma technology and its potential applications against foodborne microorganisms. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-4549.2011.00619.x
- Hati, S., Mandal, S., Minz, P.S., Vij, S., Khetra, Y., Singh, B.P. and Yadav, D. 2012. Electrolyzed Oxidized Water (EOW): Non-Thermal Approach for Decontamination of Food Borne Microorganisms in Food Industry. Food and Nutrition Sciences, 3:760-768
- Minz, P.S., Sharma, A.K. and Raju, P.N. 2012. Automatic food quality evaluation using computer vision system-A framework, Beverage and Food World, 39(3):23-26
- Minz, P.S., Dodeja, A.K., Sirohi, S. and Singh, R. 2012. Indian dairy equipment manufacturing sector: An overview. Indian Dairyman, 64(12):66-70
- Hati, S. and Minz, P.S. 2012. Strategies for reduction in energy demand in dairy industry. Indian Dairyman, 64(11):66-70
- Bairwa, V.K. and Minz, P.S. 2012. Water softeners for food and dairy industry. Beverage and Food World, 39(7):48-50
- Minz, P.S., Hati, S., Sawhney, I.K., and Kumar, B. 2012. Hygienic consideration for food and dairy processing plant design. Beverage and Food World, 39(7):37-41