Dr. Manoj Kumar C.T.
Dairy Technology Division, ICAR-NDRI, Karnal, Ph No.: +91-184-2259202
Current Research Area
Nano-immobilization of enzymes for synthesis of functional ingredients • Development of polyphenols-rich whey powder
Ph.D. (Dairy Technology)
Major Research Accomplishments:
- Developed technology of gluten free pasta from depigmented pearl millet flour and dairy ingredients
- Developed technology of polyphenols-rich whey powder
|Completed Research Projects|
|S.No.||Title of Project||Funding
|Role||Duration/Date of completion|
|Ongoing Research Projects|
|1.||Preparation of polyphenols-rich whey powder||NDRI||PI||3 Years (2018-21)|
|Completed Research Projects|
|1.||Efficacy of buttermilk as anencapsulating agent for omega 3 fattyacids||NDRI||PI||3 Years (2017-20)|
Training programmes conducted:
As a Programme Coordinator conducted an Entrepreneurship Development Programme(EDP) on “Milk and Milk Products Processing” for 15 participants at ICAR-NDRI, Karnalduring 15-24 December, 2016.
- Entrepreneur’s development programme on “Technology of Cheeses” at BPD, ICAR-NDRI, Karnal, 25-30th March, 2019.
- As a Programme Coordinator conducted an Entrepreneurship Development Programme (EDP) on “Milk and Milk Products Processing” for 20 participants at ICAR-NDRI, Karnal during 01-10 April, 2019.
- Training Coordinator for Summer Training on ‘Food Technology’ is organized during May 01- 31, 2019
Training programmes attended
The training programme on “Developing Business Proposal for Producer Companies andStart up in Agribusiness” organized at ICAR-NAARM, Hyderabad.
- The training Programme on “Entrepreneurship development programme for scientists andtechnologists at government sector” organized at EDII, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- The training program on “Developing Winning Research Proposals (DWRP) inAgriculture” Organized by ICAR-NAARM, Hyderabad at ICAR-NDRI, Karnal.
- The CAFT training programme on “Rapid biosensors and micro techniques for monitoringcontaminants and adulterants in dairy foods” organized at ICAR-NDRI, Karnal.
- Participated in the CAFT programme on “R&D strategies and interventions for effectiveagribusiness and entrepreneurship development in dairy and food sector” organized by DTDivision, NDRI during 16th Sept. to 06th Oct, 2016.
|1.||Kumar, C.M., Sabikhi, L., Singh, A.K., Raju, P.N., Kumar, R., & Sharma, R. (2019).Effect of incorporation of sodium caseinate, whey protein concentrate and
transglutaminase on the properties of depigmented pearl millet based gluten free pasta.LWT, 103, 19-26.
|2.||Manoj Kumar, C.T., Chauhan, O.P., Rajani, C.S., & Sabikhi, L. (2018). Effect of coconutmilk, skim milk powder, and banana pulp on sensory and functional properties of coconutcurd and its applicability as a carrier for probiotic microorganisms. Journal of FoodProcessing and Preservation, 42(2): e13460.|
|3.||Sandhya, S., Khamrui, K., Prasad, W., &Kumar, M.C.T. (2018). Preparation of
pomegranate peel extract powder and evaluation of its effect on functional properties andshelf life of curd. LWT, 92: 416-421.
|4.||Kumar, C.M., Raju, P.N., & Singh, A.K. (2017). Effect of Packaging Materials and
Storage Temperatures on Shelf Life of Micronutrient Fortified Milk-Cereal Based
Complementary Food. Journal of Packaging Technology and Research, 1(3): 135-148.
|5.||Kumar, M.C.T., Panjagiri, N.R., Singh, A.K. &Minz, P.S. (2016). Barley-pearl milletmilkbased complementary food: steady and dynamic oscillatory rheology and applicationof modified Cox-Merz rule. Indian Journal of Dairy Science, 69(5): 535-542.|
|6.||Manoj Kumar, C. T., Raju, P. N., & Singh, A. K., (2015). Barley-pearl millet-milk basedmineral fortified complementary food: moisture adsorption isotherms. Indian Journal ofDairy Science, 68: 3.|
|1.||Kumar, C.M.,& Sabikhi, L. (2019). Ozone application in Food processing in NonthermalProcessing of Foods, Edn. O.P. Chauhan, Pp 189, CRC Press, Taylor & Francisgroup, Florida.|
|2.||Upadhyay, N., Kumar, C.M., Sharma, H., Borad, S., & Singh, A.K. (2019). Pulse ElectricField Processing of Milk and Milk Products in Non-thermal Processing of Foods. Edn.,O.P. Chauhan, Pp 129, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis group, Florida.|
|Review articles (Number|
|1.||Sabikhi, L., &Kumar, M.C.T. (2018). Application of inorganic metal oxide nanoparticles in dairy products: Opportunities and challenges. Indian Journal of Dairy Science, 71(1): 1-6.|
|2.||Raju, P. N., Kumar C.T.M., Kumar Singh, A., Ganguly, S., &Manharbhai Patel, M. (2015). Milk-Cereal-based Composite Complementary Foods and their Storage Stability: A Mini Review. Research & Reviews: Journal of Dairy Science & Technology, 4(1): 1-9.|
|3.||Patel, M.M., Raju, P.N., Singh, A.K., Kumar, C.T.M. (2014). Storage Stability of Processed and Packaged Milk: A Review. Research and Reviews: Journal of Dairy Science and Technology, 3(1): 1-10.|
|Patents applied for|
|1.||Gluten free pasta dough composition and method preparation thereof, Reference number 201911048192.|
- International training at Department of Food Science, Purdue University, USA, under IDP project (NAHEP).