Dr. P. Barnwal
Dairy Engineering Division, ICAR - National Dairy Research Institute (Deemed University), Karnal – 132 001, Haryana, India; Telephone No. : 0184-2259419 (O) Fax No. : 0184-2250042 (O)
Current Research Area
Design and development of dairy processing equipments; Engineering properties data generation / compilation for traditional Indian Dairy Products; Mechanization of Indian Dairy Products
- PhD, IIT Delhi
Major Research Accomplishments
- ellow, The Institution of Engineers (India): F-120010-7.
- Course Director: Summer school entitled “Engineering interventions in processing and value addition of milk and milk products” organized at Dairy Engineering Division, ICAR-NDRI, Karnal during September 03-23, 2014.
- Course Director: National Training entitled “Dairy and Food Process Engineering: Equipment, Processing and Value Addition” organized at Dairy Engineering Division, ICAR-NDRI, Karnal during January 10-30, 2018. CAFT in dairy processing on “”, sponsored by Education Division, ICAR
- Data Analysis using SAS, at ICAR-National Dairy Research Institute (ICAR-NDRI), Karnal during February 17-22, 2014.
Patents, Technology, Methodology, Genetic Stock, Variety, etc.:
- Papers Published in National & International Journals: 60 ;………….Google Scholar h-index: 17;………….Technical /Popular Articles Published (Hindi/English): 50
- Wale GS, Barnwal P, Deep A.,Barge RS (2019) Evaporative performance of single tube and multi tube falling film evaporator prototypes for molten butter: An experimental study. Indian J. Dairy Sci. (IJDS), 72(1): 59-69.
- Barge RS, Barnwal P, Deep A, Wale GS (2018) An experimental study on freezing of kulfi using cryogen Indian J. Dairy Sci. (IJDS), 71(4): 353-359.
- Srinivasa K, Barnwal P, Singh P (2017) Selected Physical, Colour and Textural Characteristics of Market Rasogolla. Indian J. Dairy Sci. (IJDS), 70(2): 155-161.
- Singh P, Barnwal P, Srinivasa K, Wale G, Barge R (2017). Milk Cooling Technologies. Processed Food Industry (PFI), 20(6): 12-18.
- Kavimani C, Barnwal P, Minz PS, Dodeja AK (2016) Influence of Total Solids on Textural and Sensory Characteristics of Kheer Indian J. Dairy Sci. (IJDS), 69(4):415-420.
- Barnwal P, Singh KK, Sharma A, Choudhary AK, Saxena SN (2015) Influence of pin and hammer mill on grinding characteristics, thermal and antioxidant properties of coriander powder. J. Food Sci. Technol. (JFST), 52(12): 7783-7794.
- Barnwal P, Singh KK, Mohite A, Sharma A, Saxena SN (2015) Influence of cryogenic and ambient grinding on grinding characteristics of fenugreek powder: a comparative study. J. Food Process. Preserv. (JFPP), 39(6): 1243-1250.
- Mridula D, Barnwal P, Gurumayum S, Singh KK (2014) Effect of chemical pretreatment on dehulling parameters of flaxseed (cv. Garima). J. Food Sci. Technol. (JFST), 51(9): 2228-2233.
- Manikantan MR, Barnwal P, Goyal RK (2014) Drying characteristics of paddy in an integrated dryer. J. Food Sci. Technol.(JFST), 51(4): 813-819.
- Mridula D, Barnwal P, Singh KK (2013) Dehulling characteristics of selected flaxseed varieties. Food and Bioprocess Technology (FABT), 6(11): 3284-3289.
- Mridula D, Singh KK, Barnwal P (2013) Development of omega-3 rich energy bar with flaxseed. J. Food Sci. Technol. (JFST), 50(5): 950-957.
- Singh KK, Mridula D, Barnwal P, Rehal J (2013) Selected engineering and biochemical properties of 11 flaxseed varieties. Food and Bioprocess Technology (FABT), 6(2): 598-605.