Mr. Gaurav Kr. Deshwal
Mr. Gaurav Kr. Deshwal
Dairy Technology Division, ICAR-NDRI, Karnal, Haryana, Ph no: +91-184-2259417
Current Research Area
Dairy and food packaging, Non-bovine milks
- B.Tech (Dairy Technology)
- M.Tech. (Dairy Technology)
Major Research Accomplishments:
- Development of bio-polymer based intelligent oxygen sensor for dairy products
- Goat milk-based Halloumi cheese
- Secured All India 1st rankin AIEEA-PG-2015 conducted by ICAR
- Recipient of prestigious Junior Research Fellowship of ICAR (2015-2017)
- Recipient of bronze medal for B.Tech (Dairy Technology) at NDRI, Karnal (2011-15)
- Recipient of merit certificate for B.Tech (Dairy Technology) at NDRI, Karnal (2011-15)
- Recipient of merit certificate for M.Tech (Dairy Technology) at NDRI, Karnal (2015-17)
- Won first prize in National Dairy and Food Quiz Contest- 2014 held at S.M.C. College of Dairy Science
- Won third prize in National Dairy and Food Quiz Contest- 2015 held at S.M.C. College of Dairy Science
- Won first prize in Food Quiz held on World Food Day at NDRI, Karnal
- Won second prize in Dairy and Food Quiz held on National Milk Day in NDRI (2016-17)
- Won first prize in “Food Storming-The Quiz” held at Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women in 2016
- Won second prize in national essay competition on “Application of Nanotechnology in Dairying” conducted by IDA (EZ) held at Kolkata.
- Passed ‘B’& ‘C’ Certificate of NCC (2012-2013)
- Recipient of National Talent Scholarship awarded by ICAR (2011-2015)
- Won prizes in Athletics and different games such as Footballand Volleyball at university level.
- Won first prize at north zone level in All India Student Research Convention “ANVESHAN” held at Chitkara University, Punjab (2016-2017)
- Won third prize at national level in All India Student Research Convention “ANVESHAN” held at Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu (2016-2017)
- Awarded BIOVED Young Scientist Award-2019 during ‘21st Indian Agricultural Scientists and Farmers’ Congress at BIOVED Research Institute of Agriculture, technology and Sciences, Prayagraj.
- Best Paper Award. Deshwal G.K., Raju P.N., and Alam, T. (2019). Evaluation of intelligent oxygen indicator for monitoring Mozzarella cheese spoilage. In: ‘21st Indian Agricultural Scientists and Farmers’ Congress at BIOVED Research Institute of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences, Prayagraj during 16-17th February, 2019.
- Best PaperAward. Deshwal, G.K., Sharma, H. and Singh, A. K. (2020). Development of a giloy-goat milk based functional beverage. In: International conference on “Livestock, food security and food safety- Challenges, opportunities and strategies” held at Madras Veterinary College, Tamil Nadu veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai during 28-29 January, 2020.
- Third prize in poster presentation. Sahoo, D.B., Raju, P.N., Deshwal G.K., and Singh, A.K. T. (2019). Development of Electrospun antioxidant primary packaging material for Burfi. In: ‘Innovative Packaging Techniques for food products and its safety aspects’ at New Delhion 10th May, 2019.
|S.No.||Title of Project||Funding
|Role||Duration/Date of completion|
|Ongoing Research Projects|
|1.||Biological smart time temperature indicator for monitoring thermal abuse and quality of Paneer||IRC||PI||2020 to 2022|
|2.||Technology of spray dried camel milk preparations||IRC||Co-PI||01-04-2018 to 31-03-2021|
|3.||Development of value-added cheese from yak milk||IRC (NRC-Yak)||Co-PI||01-06- 2018 to 30-05- 2021|
Training programmes conducted
- Training coordinator of members of “Dudh Dairy Vavashayi Sangh” Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh organized by Business Planning and Development unit during 25-28th March, 2019.
- As a Course Coordinator conducted an entrepreneurial training programme on “Milk Processing & Value Addition” sponsored by SINED-TBI & BPD Units of ICAR-NDRI, Karnal during 1st April, 2019 to 10th April, 2019.
- As a Course Coordinator conducted an entrepreneurial training programme on “Milk & Milk Products Processing” sponsored by SINED-TBI of ICAR-NDRI, Karnal during 1st July, 2019 to 10th July, 2019.
- As a Course Coordinator conducted an entrepreneurial training programme on “Milk & Milk Products Processing” sponsored by SINED-TBI of ICAR-NDRI, Karnal during 2nd September, 2019 to 11th September, 2019.
- As a Course Coordinator conducted an entrepreneurial training programme on “Milk & Milk Products Processing” sponsored by SINED-TBI of ICAR-NDRI, Karnal during 16th December, 2019 to 25th December, 2019.
Training programmes attended
- Foundation Course for Agricultural Research Service (FOCARS) 108th Batch at ICAR-National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM), Hyderabad
- Professional Attachment Training (PAT) for three months at Indian Institute of Packaging, New Delhi
- Electrospinning techniques and their applications for three days at ICAR- Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology (CIRCOT), Mumbai
- Faculty Development Programme in Entrepreneurship at Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Ahmedabad during 16-27thSeptember, 2019. (Sponsored by All India Council for Technical Education).
- Training programme on “Metabolomics: Basic Principles and Applications” at ICAR- National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal organized during 3rd to 5th March, 2020 under Institutional Development Plan (NAHEP Project).
|1.||Deshwal GK, Singh AK, Devendra Kumar, Sharma H (2020). Effect of spray and freeze drying on physico-chemical, functional, moisture and morphological characteristics of camel milk powder. LWT-Food Science and Technology, 110117.|
|2.||Deshwal GK, Ameta R, Sharma H, Singh AK, Panjagari NR, Baria B (2020). Effect of ultrafiltration and fat content on chemical, functional, textural and sensory characteristics of goat milk-based Halloumi type cheese. LWT-Food Science and Technology, 109341.|
|3.||Deshwal GK, Panjagari NR, Badola R, Singh AK, Minz PS, Ganguly S, Alam T (2018). Characterization of biopolymer-based UV-activated intelligent oxygen indicator for food packaging applications. Journal of Packaging Technology and Research, 2(1), 29-43.|
|4.||Sharma H, Singh AK, Borad S, Deshwal GK (2020). Processing stability and debittering of Tinospora cordifolia (giloy) juice using ultrasonication for potential applications in foods.LWT-Food Science and Technology, 110584.|
|5.||Chand P, Kumar MD, Singh AK, Deshwal GK, Rao PS, Tomar SK, & Sharma H (2021). Low‐calorie synbiotic yoghurt from indigenous probiotic culture and combination of inulin and oligofructose: Improved sensory, rheological and textural attributes. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, e15322.|
|1.||Deshwal GK, Tiwari S, Kumar A, Raman RK, &Kadyan S (2021). Review on factors affecting and control of post-acidification in yoghurt and related products. Trends in Food Science and Technology, 109, 499-512.|
|2.||Deshwal GK, Kadyan S, Sharma H, Singh AK, Panjagari NR, & Meena GS (2021). Applications of reverse osmosis in dairy processing: an Indian perspective. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 1-13.|
|3.||Guha S, Sharma H, Deshwal, GK, & Rao PS (2021). A comprehensive review on bioactive peptides derived from milk and milk products of minor dairy species. Food Production, Processing and Nutrition, 3(1), 1-21.|
|4.||Deshwal GK, Alam T, Panjagari NR, & Bhardwaj A (2021). Utilization of Cereal Crop Residues, Cereal Milling, Sugarcane and Dairy Processing By-Products for Sustainable Packaging Solutions. Journal of Polymers and the Environment, 1-16.|
|5.||Bhardwaj A, Alam T, Sharma V, Alam MS, Hamid H, &Deshwal GK (2020). Lignocellulosic Agricultural Biomass as a Biodegradable and Eco-friendly Alternative for Polymer-Based Food Packaging. Journal of Packaging Technology and Research, 1-12.|
|6.||Deshwal GK, Panjagari NR (2019). Review on metal packaging: Materials, forms, food applications, safety and recyclability. Journal of Food Science and Technology, (In Press).|
|7.||Deshwal GK, Panjagari NR, Alam T (2019). An overview of paper and paper-based food packaging materials: health safety and environmental concerns. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 56(10), 4391-4403.|
|8.||Deshwal GK, Panjagari NR (2018). Electrospun structures for dairy and food packaging applications. Research & Reviews: Journal of Dairy Science and Technology, Vol. 6(1), 17-23.|
|1.||Deshwal, G, K., Alam, T. and Raju, P.N. (2019). Application of robotic packaging systems in traditional Indian dairy products. Indian Dairyman, 71 (5),56-60.|
|2.||Deshwal, G.K.& Raju, P.N. (2019). Recent coatings on paper and paper-based packaging material to improve functionality of packaging material. Packaging India. August-September, 37-42.|
- Panjagari NR, Panwar S, Singh AK, Minz PS, Badola R, Deshwal GK (2018) A biopolymer based electrospun oxygen indicator for dairy products packaging. Application No.-