Dr Sachin Kumar
Dr Sachin Kumar
Animal Nutrition Division, ICAR- NDRI Karnal
Current Research Area
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandary (B.V.Sc & A.H) from College of Veterinary Science, Parbhani MAFSU, Nagpur in 2009.
- Master of Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc) in Animal Nutrition from Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar in 2011.
- Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Animal Nutrition from Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar in 2014.
Major Research Accomplishments
- Qualified ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research) prestigious exam conducted by ASRB and selected for Agricultural Research Service (ARS) 2013.
- Awarded with Junior Research Fellowship ICAR 2009-2011.
- Awarded with Senior Institute Scholarship IVRI 2011-2014.
- Best Poster Presentation Award at International conference of Animal Nutrition Society of India, GLANCE-2014.
- Awarded ICAR NET 2012.
- Best Poster Presentation Award in Animal Nutrition Society of India Conference, ANSICON-2016
- Joint Treasurer, Animal Nutrition Society on India, Karnal 2016-2018
- ISACP Young Scientist Award in conference of Indian Society for Advancement of Canine Practice, ISACP-2017
- Best Poster Presentation Award at CSWRI, Avikanagar in the conference of ISSGPU-2017
- DR. K. Pradhan Young Scientist Award of Animal Nutrition Society of India at Junadah on 01 Feb, 2018.
- Best Oral Presentation Award at CIRG, Mathura in ISSGPU, Conference 2017
- 3 months FOCARS (Foundation course for Agricultural Services) training at ICAR-National Academy of Agriculture Research and Management, Hyderabad from Jan, 1 – March, 31, 2015.
- 3 months professional attachment training at Rumen Biotechnology Lab, ICAR-National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal from May, 1 – July, 31, 2015.
- CCC “Certificate Course on Computer Concept” (DOEACC, New Delhi) from New India Computers, Parbhani, Maharashtra.
- Basic Course on “Use of Bioinformatics Tools in Veterinary Science Research” from November 13-15, 2014 organized by Bioinformatics Centre, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar.
- National workshop on “Automated Library and e-Resources under NARS” organized at National Library of Veterinary Sciences, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar from 16-17 December, 2013.
- Workshop on “Animal Health Camps- The Way Forward” conducted by Division of Extension Education, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar on 29th October, 2013.
- Advanced short course (21 days) on Nutritional interventions for sustainable livestock production and health under impending climate change scenario, IVRI, Izatnagar, 2015
- ISO 9001:2008 (QMS) Internal auditor training, NDRI, Karnal, 2016
- Advanced course on Clinical nutrition approaches for gut health of animals, IVRI, Izatnagar, 2017.
Patents, Technology, Methodology, Genetic Stock, Variety, etc.:
- Genetic stock of Lactocaillus johnsonii: Kumar, S., Pattanaik,A.K. and Jadhav,S.E. (2015). Lactobacillus johnsonii strain CPN23 16S ribosomal RNA gene, partial sequence (GENBANK: KP065494).
- 15 genetic stock of Butyrivibrio was isolated from rumen of goats and submitted to national repository VTCC
- Kumar, S., Verma, A.K., Agarwal, N., Singh, P. and Mondal, S.K. (2013). Effect of live Saccharomyces cerevisiae on growth performance, nutrient digestibility, faecal characterstics and intestinal morphology in early weaned crossbred (Landrace x Desi) piglets. Animal Nutrition and Feed Technology, 13 (2): 291-302.
- Kumar, S., Verma, A.K. and Malav, O.P. (2013). Effect of yeast supplementation on growth performance and carcass characteristics in weaned piglets. Indian Veterinary Journal, 90 (5): 44-45.
- Patil, A.K., Chaturvedi, V.B., Singh, P. and Kumar, S. (2013) Performance of crossbred calves fed on compressed complete feed block containing deoiled mahua seed cake. Indian Veterinary Journal, 90 (5): 114-116.
- Kumar, S., Verma, A.K., Mondal, S.K., Gupta, M., Patil, A.K. and Jangir, B.L. (2012). Effect of live Saccharomyces cerevisiae feeding on serum biochemistry in early weaned crossbred piglets. Veterinary World, 5 (11): 663-666.
- Sharma, S.L., Singh, P., Patil, A.K., Chaturvedi, V.B. and Kumar, S. (2012) Performance of crossbred calves fed on compressed complete feed block containing guar meal. Indian Journal of Animal Nutrition, 29 (3): 231-234.
- Kumar, S., Verma, A.K. and Singh, P. (2012). Effect of live Saccharomyces cerevisiae on immune response in early weaned crossbred piglets. Indian Journal of Animal Nutrition, 29 (4): 393-396.
- Len, T.V., Malla, B.A., Sharma, A.N., Kumar, S., Tyagi, N. and Tyagi, A.K. (2016). Effect of different bypass fat sources on nutrient utilization, blood parameters and growth in male murrah buffalo calves. Indian Journal of Animal Nutrition, 33 (4): 376-382
- Kale, V., Kumar, S., Malla, B.A., Kewalramani, N., Mani, V., Tyagi, N. and Tyagi, A.K. (2016). Comparative study of mustard, soybean and rice bran oil: Effects on nutrient utilization, growth performance and blood metabolites in growing Murrah buffalo (Bubalis bubalis) heifers. Animal Nutrition Feed Technology, 16: 383-392.
- Tran, L.V., Malla, B.A., Sharma, A.N., Kumar, S., Tyagi, N. and Tyagi, A.K. (2016). Effect of omega-3 and omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid enriched diet on plasma IGF-1 and testosterone concentration, puberty and semen quality in male buffalo. Animal Reproduction Science, 173: 63-72.
- Kumar, S., Pattanaik, A.K., Jose, T., Sharma, S. and Jadhav, S.E. (2016). Temporal changes in the hindgut health markers of labrador dogs in response to a canine-origin probiotic Lactobacillus johnsonii. Animal Nutrition and Feed Technology, 16: 251-269
- Kumar, S., Pattanaik, A. K., Sharma, S. and Jadhav, S.E. (2016). Species-specific probiotic Lactobacillus johnsonii CPN23 supplementation modulates blood biochemical profile and erythrocytic antioxidant indices in Labrador dogs. The Indian Journal of Animal Science, 86(8): 918-924.
- Hossain SK. A., Srivastava, A., Tyagi, A., Shandilya, U.K., Kumar, A., Kumar, S., Panwar, S. and Tyagi, A.K. (2016) Characterization of CLA producing Butyrivibrio spp. reveals strain specific variations. 3Biotech, 6(1), pp.1-11
- Kumar, S., Pattanaik, A.K., Sharma, S., Jadhav, S.E. Dutta, N. and Kumar, A. (2017). Probiotic potential of a lactobacillus bacterium of canine faecal-origin and its impact on select gut health indices and immune response of dogs. Probiotics and Antimicrobial Proteins. DOI 10.1007/s12602-017-9256-z
- Saroj, Malla, B.A., Tran, L.V., Sharma, A.N., Kumar, S. and Tyagi, A.K. (2017). Seasonal variation in fatty acid profile in the milk of different species under popularly followed feeding system in India. The Indian J. Anim. Sci., 87(4): 484-489.
- Tyagi, A.K., Tran, L.V., Malla, B.A. and Kumar, S. (2016). Polyunsaturated fatty acids in male ruminant reproduction: A review. Asian-Australas. J. Anim. Sci.,
- Patil, A.K., Kumar, S., Verma, A.K. and Baghel, R.P.S. (2015). Probiotics as Feed Additives in Weaned Pigs: A Review. Livest. Res. Int., 2: 31-39.
- Gupta, M., Kumar, S., Dangi, S.S. and Jangir, B.L. (2013). Physiological, biochemical and molecular responses to thermal stress in goats, a Review. Int. J. Livest. Res., 3 (2): 27-38.
- Kumar, A., Mehrotra, S., Dangi, S.S., Singh, G., Chand, S., Singh, L., Mahla, A.S., Kumar, S. and K Nehra. (2013). Faecal steroid metabolites assay as a non-invasive monitoring of reproductive status in animals: Review. Vet. World, 6 (1): 59-63.