Dr. Sabyasachi Mukherjee
Dr. Sabyasachi Mukherjee
Animal Genetics & Breeding Division, ICAR-NDRI, Karnal
Current Research Area
• Area of Specialization: Animal Conservation and Genetic Improvement programmes (Mithun and Frieswal cattle); Molecular Genetics, Animal Tissue Culture, and Cytogenetic techniques; Population Genetics, and Animal Breeding Methods. • Veterinary Medicines and Animal Husbandry Practices.
- BV.Sc. & A.H.
- M.Sc. (AGB)
- PhD (AGB), PGD-TMA
Awards & Honors:
- International Training to USA under NAIP, 2010
- Post Doctoral DBT Overseas Associateship, 2016
Members of the Societies:
- Member of West Bengal State Veterinary Council, Kolkata
- Member of Veterinary Council of India (VCI), New Delhi
- Life Member of Indian Science Congress
- Life Member of the Society of Animal Genetics and Breeding
- Life Member of the Society for Conservation of Domestic Animal Biodiversity
- Life Member of the Society for Sheep and Goat
Recent Research Publications (10):
- Mukherjee, Sabyasachi, Cai, Z., Mukherjee, A. et al.Whole genome sequence and de novo assembly revealed genomic architecture of Indian Mithun (Bos frontalis). BMC Genomics 20, 617 (2019) doi:10.1186/s12864-019-5980-y
- Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Anupama Mukherjee, Rahul Singh Jasrotia, Sarika Jaiswal, M.A. Iquebal, Imsusosang Longkumer, Moonmoon Mech, Kezhavituo Vüpru, Kobu Khate, Chandan Rajkhowa, Anil Rai, Dinesh Kumar. 2019. Muscle transcriptome signature and gene regulatory network analysis in two divergent lines of a hilly bovine species Mithun (Bos frontalis). Genomics, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygeno.2019.02.004.
- Anupama Mukherjee, Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Rajan Dhakal, Moonmoon Mech, Imsusosang Longkumer, Haque, Kobu Khate, Kezhavituo, Yanger Jamir, Pursenla Pongen, Chandan Rajkhowa, Abhijit Mitra, Bernt Guldbrandtsen and Goutam Sahana. 2018. High Density Genotyping reveals Genomic Characterization Population Structure Genetic Diversity of Indian Mithun (Bos frontalis). Scientific Reports, 8:10316 DOI:10.1038/s41598-018-28718-x
- Sushil Kumar, Rani Alex, G K Gaur, S Mukherjee, D K Mandal, Umesh Singh, S Tyagi, Arun Kumar, A K Das, Rajib Deb, Mahesh Kumar, A S Sirohi, Naimi Chand, Rajendra Prasad, V Bhasin, B Prakash and S Kashyap. (2018). Evolution of Frieswal cattle: A crossbred dairy animal of India. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 88 (3): 265–275.
- Imsusosang Longkumer, Anupama Mukherjee, Sarat Chandra Yenisetti, Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Moonmoon Mech. 2015. Complete Chromosomal characterization of Mithun (Bos frontalis). International Journal of Innovative and Applied Research, Volume 3, Issue (7): 13- 21.
- Imsusosang Longkumer, Anupama Mukherjee, Sarat Chandra Yenisetti, Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Moonmoon Mech. 2015. Complete Cytogenetic Insight of Tho-Tho Cattle. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology Volume 5, Number (4): 277-285
- Mukherjee, S. Mukherjee, I. Longkumer and A.O. Adebambo (2014). Molecular Cytogenetic Studies on Indian mithun, gaur, mithun cattle crossbred and cattle. Chromosome Research, 22, (3): 410.
- Mukherjee, S. Mukherjee and I. Longkumer (2014). Cytogenetic Architecture of Indian mithun (Bos frontalis), mithun cattle crossbred by conventional staining, G-, C and R-banding techniques. Chromosome Research, 22, (3): 427.
- K. Chamuah, K. Bhattacharjee, P. C. Sarmah, O. K. Raina, S. Mukherjee and C. Rajkhowa. 2015. Report of Amblyomma testudinarium in mithuns (Bos frontalis) from eastern Mizoram (India). Journal of Parasitic Disease. DOI 10.1007/s12639-015-0654-4 (published online 15 Feb 2015).
- Seikh Sahanawaz Alam, Siddhartha Narayan Joardar, Ashis Kumar Panigrahi, Thangapalam Jawahar Abraham, Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Anupama Mukherjee. 2014. Immunobiochemical Characteristics of Purified Native Leptin Protein from Indian Major Carp, Rohu (Labeo rohita Ham.). Open Journal of Immunology. 4: 139-147. Published Online December 2014 in SciRes. http://www.scirp.org/journal/oji http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/oji.2014.44016
- Mukherjee Sabyasachi, Mukherjee Anupama, Longkumer I, Mech Moonmoon, Khate Kobu, P, Perumal and Rajkhowa Chandan. 2014. Morphomertic Characterization of Indian mithun. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 84(6): 699-702.
Numbers of Publications:
- Books/Book Chapters: 04
- Research Papers: 35
- General articles: 10
- Priority Setting, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) of Agricultural Research Projects (5 days); NAARM, Hyderabad
- Training Course on Bioinformatics for Animal Genomics & Proteomics (21 days), NBAGR, Karnal
- Training on SAS: A Comprehensive Overview (37 days); ICAR Res. Complex for NEH Region, Umiam, Barapani
- Genomic Selection for Livestock (7 days); Iowa State University, USA
- Advance Training on Genome Resource Conservation (91 days); Iowa State University, USA
- DNA Sequencing and Microbial Identification (7 days); National Bureau of Agriculturally Important Microorganisms, Kusmaur, Mau-Nath-Bhanjan, UP
- Advanced Animal Breeding Technologies for Improvement of Livestock (21 days); ICAR-NDRI, Karnal
- Recent Advances in Characterization and Conservation of Animal Genetic Resources (21 days), NBAGR, Karnal
- Co-Guided research programme of two MVSc students in the discipline of AGB (Dr. Auto V of ICAR-IVRI and Dr. Morothung of MAFSU, Vety. College, Parel ) as Research Guide during 2014 and 2016, respectively.
- Co-Guided research programme of one PhD student of Nagaland University (Ms. Homseng Chawlu) during 2017-2019
Research Projects Handled as PI:
- National Mission for Sustaining the Himalayan Ecosystem (NMSHE, DST funded; 2015-19)
- Genetic Characterization of Mithun (Bos frontalis) Population through Mitochondrial Genome Sequencing (ICAR funded; 2017-19)
- Transcriptome Analysis of Growth Traits in Mithun through RNA-seq approach and Whole Genome Sequencing of Mithun (Bos frontalis) (Multi-disciplinary IRC Project)
- Identification of SNPs in Leptin gene for Selection of Mithun for Higher Growth Traits and Characterization of Leptin Protein (DBT funded Inter-Institutional Project)
- Genetic and Biodiversity Studies on Mithun, Bos frontalis (DBT funded Inter-Institutional Research Project)
- Morphometric and Genetic Characterization of Mithun (Bos frontalis) (Inter-Institutional Collaborative Project)
- Open Nucleus Breeding Scheme for Mithun breeding, conservation and genetic improvement in participatory approach at farmer’s field (Flagship Programme of the Insttute)
- Studies on Genetic Aspects of Holstein Sahiwal Crossbred Cattle (Frieswal Project)