Dr Rajesh Kumar
Dr Rajesh Kumar
Dairy Chemistry Division National Dairy research Institute, Karnal-132001, Haryana Ph. 0184-2259161
Current Research Area
Bioactive protein and peptide, functional dairy foods
- M.Sc (Dairy Chemistry) from National Dairy Research Institute (Deemed University) in 1990
- Ph.D (Dairy Chemistry) from National Dairy Research Institute (Deemed University) in 1994
Major Research Accomplishments
- Junior Research Fellowship of NDRI (1990)
- Senior Research Fellowship of NDRI (1990-94)
- Two best poster awards
- Expert Member, Indian National Committee on “Main components of milk” of International Dairy Federation (IDF) (2003-2009)
Patents, Technology, Methodology, Genetic Stock, Variety, etc.:
- Rajesh Kumar, Varun Singhal, Ram Bhagat Sangwan and Bimlesh Mann(2009) “Comparative studies on antioxidant activity of buffalo and cow milk caseins and their hydrolysis” Milchwissenschaft (In Press).
- Aparna Gupta, Bimlesh Mann, Rajesh Kumar and Ram Bhagat Sangwan (2009). ‘Identification of antioxidant peptides in cheddar cheese made with adjunct culture Lactobacillus casei ssp casei 300” Milchwissenschaft (In Press).
- Rajan Sharma, Sumandeep Kaur, Y.S. Rajput and Rajesh Kumar (2009). Activity and thermal stability of indigenous enzymes in cow, buffalo and goat milk. Milchwissenchaft , 64 (2):173-175.
- Aparna Gupta, Bimlesh Mann, Rajesh Kumar and Ram Bhagat Sangwan (2009) “Antioxidant Activity of Cheddar Cheese at Different Stages of Ripening.” International Journal of Dairy Technology 62, (3) 339-347.
- Bajaj, Rajesh Kumar; Singhal, Varun; Sangwan, R.B.; Mann, B. and Gupta, A. (2007). Free radical scavenging activity of buffalo casein and its fractions. Indian J Dairy Sci. 60(4):239- 243.
- Sangwan, R.B., Srinivasulu, K., Mann Bimlesh and Bajaj, Rajesh Kumar (2007). Antibacterial activity of buffalo lactoferrin hydrolysates against Bacillus subtilis. Indian J Dairy Sci. 60(3): 165-167.
- Jyotsana Dhingra Behl, N.K. Verma, Rahul Behl, Surjit Singh, Rajesh Bajaj and S.P.S Ahlawat (2005). Purification, characterization and immunomodulatory effects of the T-cell activated bovine Interleukin-2 from the Sahiwal. Indian J Dairy Sci. 58 (2): 96-104.
- Rajesh Kumar Bajaj, K. Narasimha, Bimlesh Mann, R.B.Sangwan and Shilpa Vij (2005). Isolation of cationic peptides from buffalo ?s1 and ?s2 casein and their antibacterial activity. Indian J Dairy Sci. 58 (6): 387-391.
- Rajesh Kumar and K.L. Bhatia (1999) Standardization of method for lactoperoxidase assay in milk. Lait 79: 269-274
- Rajesh Kumar and K.L. Bhatia (1999) Thermo stability of lactoperoxidase in buffalo milk and whey. Indian J. Dairy Sci. 52(3): 142 – 148