Dr. Parveen Kumar
Dr. Parveen Kumar
Dairy Cattle Physiology Division,ICAR-NDRI Karnal
Current Research Area
- M.Sc. Dairying (Animal Physiology)
- Ph.D. Dairying (Animal Physiology)
Major Research Accomplishments
I have worked in the area of pulmonary dynamics during different operations like carting, treadmill, environmental heat load and climatic chamber etc.
Guidance to students:
- NAARM training at Hyderabad (Six Months)
- UDAID training in USA (Six weeks)
Patents, Technology, Methodology, Genetic Stock, Variety, etc.:
- arveen Kumar, S.V.Singh, R.C.Upadhyay and Anjuli Aggarwal (2000) Skin blood flow during pre and post treadmill exercise in buffaloes. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 70: 178-179.
- Anjuli Aggarwal, R.C.Upadhyay, S.V.Singh and Parveen Kumar (2005) Adrenal-thyroid-pineal interaction and effect of exogenous melatonin during summer in crossbred cattle. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 75: 915-921.
- Shrikant and Parveen Kumar (2001) Studies on feed intake and growth of crossbred calves under two housing conditions during spring and summer. Indian Journal of Dairy Science 54:271-273.
- Anjuli Aggarwal, R.C.Upadhyay, Parveen Kumar and S.V.Singh (2003) Circadian variations in plasma levels of melatonin, thyroxine , triidothyronine and thyrotropin in cattle and buffaloes. Indian Journal of Dairy Science 56: 29-32.
- Anjuli Aggarwal, Parveen Kumar, R.C.Upadhyay and S.V.Singh (2003) Effect of melatonin injection on thyroidal hormones and cortisol in cattle and buffaloes. Indian Journal of Dairy Science 56:178-181.
- Vijay Kumar and Parveen Kumar (2006) Blood Glucose and Plasma Non-Esterified Fatty Acids (NEFA) during Oestrous cycle in Murrah bufflao heifers. Indian Vet. Journal 83: 38-40.
- S.V.Singh, Parveen Kumar and R.C.Upadhyay (2006) “Analytical techniques in Animal Production” NDRI publication on March 2006 for UG & PG students and teachers.
- Kumar, P. and Singh, S.V. (2003) Amelioration of environmental stress through housing and shelter management. Indian Dairyman 55:25-26.
- Anjuli Aggarwal, Parveen Kumar, R.C.Upadhyay and S.V.Singh (2001) Circadian variations in plasma levels of cortisol in cattle and buffaloes. International Journal Animal Sciences 16(1):95-98.
- S.V Singh, Parveen Kumar, A. Aggarwal, and R.C. Upadhyay (2000) Cutaneous blood flow as influenced by treadmill exercise during different seasons in crossbred cattle. Indian J. Anim. Prod. Mgmt. 16(3) 88-90.