Dr Jancy Gupta
Dr Jancy Gupta
Dairy Extension Division, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal-132001 Haryana 0184-2259164
Current Research Area
Agriculture knowledge and Informatin System(AKIS), Farmer Participatory approached and Participatory Technology Development(PTD)
- M.Sc. (Dairying)
- Ph.D. (Agril. Extension)
Major Research Accomplishments
- Designed and developed information package consisting of multimedia (using Macro media Director and Flash softwares) , e-book and video film on clean milk production and tested at field leve
- Carried out Information needs assessment of farmers for clean milk production
- Studied prevalent practices in clean milk production and delineated constraints in adoption of recommended practices in the states of Haryana, Rajasthan, West Bengal and Kerala
- Participatory Extension Model on Integrated System for Knowledge Management Deploying Interactive Multimedia was developed
- Identified problems and priorities in feeding dairy animals and fodder production and delineated technical options by participatory process
- Developed a PTD model for low-external-input sustainable feeding of dairy animals
- Linear reciprocal linkages, the strength of linkages and subject matter area of links in Dairy knowledge information system were analyzed using a linkage matrix.
- The protocol of estrus synchronization developed at NDRI was tested at field level through farmer participatory field trials and a success rate of 68.1% was recorded
- The new extension approach of FLS was validated as a tool for transfer of reproductive management technologies and 44% gain in knowledge was obtained
Research Experience : 25 years
Guidance to Students:
- • Agriculture Leadership Award in the area of Extension Leadership by Agriculture Today in 2012 • The Swiss Confederation Scholarship – 2008 of Federal Office for Agriculture, International Centre for Agricultural Education, Bern, Switzerland • Swami Sahajanand Saraswati Extension Scientist/ Worker Award of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) for the Biennium 2001- 2002 • Fellowship Award 2005 by Bioved Research and Communication Centre, Allahabad in 2005 • Best Paper Award National Seminar on Responding to Challenges and Changes: New Roles of Agricultural Extension at PDKVV, Nagpur from 7-9 Feb., 2003 • Best Paper Award for research paper published in Indian journal of Dairy Science 2009. • Best Paper Award in 6th national Seminar on Emerging challenges and paradigms for sustainable agri-rural development, December 2012. • Best Paper Award for research paper published in Indian journal of Dairy Science, 2011. • Best Poster Award for the poster “Contribution of Smallholder Milk Production System towards Rural Prosperity”, Indian Dairy Association Conference – 2013 • Best Paper Award for article published in Indian Dairyman in 2014
- 26th International course on vocational education and teaching in agriculture at International Agricultural Institute, Switzerland during 11-23 August, 2008.
- Training program on Web programming at IASRI, New Delhi, during 21 October to 2 November , 2002
- Training on Graphic & Multimedia Production, ICAR Summer School, at IARI New Delhi during 26 June-16 July, 2002.
- Training on “Sustainable Development” at B.H.U, Varanasi organized by the National Council of Development Communication during April 1-13, 1995.
- Training Workshop on Teaching Methodologies, Skills and Research Extension Linkages at Rajiv Gandhi college of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Pondicherry on 1-5 April, 2008
Patents, Technology, Methodology, Genetic Stock, Variety, etc.:
- Developed farmer livestock school methodology for reproductive management of dairy animals.
- ICT for clean milk production.
- Participatory technology development for low-external-input sustainable feeding of dairy animals