Dr. I. D. Gupta
Dr. I. D. Gupta
Molecular Genetics Lab., Dairy Cattle Breeding Division, ICAR-NDRI, Karnal
Current Research Area
Animal Cytogenetics & Molecular Genetics
- Sc. (Animal Genetics & Breeding)
- D. (Animal Genetics & Breeding)
Major Research Accomplishments:
- Cytogenetic screening of pesticides, insecticides and antihelmenthic drugs and their effect on chromosomal profile of sheep to assess mutagenecity of these compounds using various in vitro and in vivo cytogenetic tests.
- Estimation of Y chromosome length variation and chromosomal abnormalities using lymphocyte culture technique and their relationship with semen quality and temperament of the crossbred bulls.
- Identification of DNA polymorphism of production, mastitis, heat shock proteins and fertility related candidate genes was explored in Sahiwal, Tharparkar, Karan Fries and Jersey Crossbred Cattle.
- PCR-RFLP analysis and SNP mining was carried out in Growth Hormone gene (Bovine Somatotropin), kappa Casein, beta casein, beta Lactoglobulin, Leptin ; Lactoferrin ; PIT-1; Prolactin ; Interleukin-8 (IL-8), Bovine Forebrain embryonic zinc finger like gene (FEZL); Caspase activating recruitment domain 15 gene (CARD 15); Calgranulin gene (S100A8); Factor XI deficiency gene (FXI) and Toll-like receptor 4 gene (TLR 4), Cluster of Differentiation 14 (CD 14) gene, Uncoupling Protein-1 ( UCP1), heat shock protein beta-1 (HSPB1), Heat shock 70 protein (HSPA1A), Heat shock protein 70 (HSPA2), ATPase, Na+/K+ transporting, alpha 1 polypeptide (ATP1A1), ATPase, Na+/K+ transporting, beta 2 polypeptide (ATP1B2), Osteopontin (OPN gene in dairy cattle and buffaloes.
Guidance to student
- M.Sc./M.V.Sc. = 12
- Ph. D. = 6
- THE JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU AWARD – 1991 (ICAR) for best Ph D Thesis.
- FELLOWSHIP AWARD -1999
- BEST POSTER AWARD
- Attended the course on “Participatory approach to Livestock Development” from 24- 29 June 2002 at National Institute of Rural Development at Rajendranagar, Hyderabad.
- Attended Short Course on “Biotechniques to Augment Lactation in Bovines” during May, 22-31st, 2001 at DCP Division, NDRI, Karnal.
- Training Programme on “Gene Characterization and Biodiversity Analysis”- at NBAGR, Karnal form October 4-15, 2004
Patents, Technology, Methodology, Genetic Stock, Variety, etc.:
- 60 Accession No. for various genes have been released by NCBI.
- Permanand Das; George John and I.D. Gupta (1996). Demonstration of sister chromatid differential and sister chromatid exchanges in Etroplus suratensis (Bloch). Indian Journal of Experimental biology 34 : 1229-32
- Devendren and I.D. Gupta (1998) Chromosome preparation for High Resolution G- banding in crossbred cattle using ethidium bromide treatment. Indian J. Anim. Prod. Manag. 14 (3) : 155-57.
- Satyanarayana, I. D. Gupta, Neelam Gupta and SC Gupta (2006) Genotyping of Beta lactoglobulin gene by PCR-RFLP in Sahiwal and Tharparkar cattle breeds. BMC Genetics, 7:31 (http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2156/7131).
- Satyanarayana Rachagani, I. D. Gupta, Venkateswarlu and Archana Verma (2006) PCR-RFLP studies of Pituitary Transcription Factor â€“ 1 (PIT-1) Gene in Murrah Buffalo. IJDS, 59, 3, :159-162.
- Gupta, I. D. and R. Satyanarayana, Archana Verma and Anuj Chauhan (2008) Single Strand Conformational Polymorphism of Leptin Gene in Sahiwal Cattle. Indian J. Dairy Sciences, 61, 1 : 47-52
- Raghavan, Srinivasa and Gupta, I. D. (2008) Bovine Somatotropin Gene polymorphism in Sahiwal cattle. Indian J. Dairy Science, 61, 2: 141-142.
- Gupta, I. D. Satyanarayana Rachagani,., Venkateswarlu Ronda and Archana Verma (2008). Bovine Kappa casein gene Exon â€“IV polymorphism in Sahiwal cattle. Indian J. Dairy Sciences, 61, 2 : 149-151
- Satyanarayana Rachagani and I. D. Gupta (2008) Bovine Kappa-Casein Gene Polymorphism and its Association with Milk Production Traits. Genetics and Molecular Biology, 31, 4, 893-897.
- S. Azad, I. D. Gupta, Archana Verma, Vikas Bohra, S. Rajesh Kumar and Kawardeep Kour (2011). Factor XI Gene (Plasma thromboplastin antecedent) Deficiency in Karan Fries. Cattle Current Trends in Biotechnology and Pharmacy. Vol. 5 (1) January 2011. 1060- 1063 ISSN 0973-8916 (Print): 2230-7303 (Online).
- S. Azad, I. D. Gupta, Sanjoy Datta, Kawardeep Kour, Yathish. H. M and Alka Chopra (2011). Identification of Coagulation Factor XI Gene Deficiency in Indigenous and Crossbred cattle. Indian J. Dairy Sci. 64 (1):79-82.
- Ritwik Hazra, I. D. Gupta, Archana Verma, A.K.Chakrabarty, S.K.Sood Gokul S and Mandeep Singh Azad (2011). Interleukin-8 Gene Polymorphism in Sahiwal Cattle. The Indian Veterinary Journal 88 (7):14-16
- Lydia Dhanammal, I. D. Gupta, Satyanarayana, R and Archana Verma (2011). Genotyping of alpha S1 casein (Exon 10 and 11) Gene by PCR-SSCP in Sahiwal cattle. Online J. Vet. Res. 15 (1): 31-37.
- S. Wakchaure, I. D. Gupta, Archana Verma, Dinesh Kumar and Rajesh Kumar S. (2012) PCR-RFLP with Alu I RE enzyme in TLR4 gene of Sahiwal Cattle. Indian J. Anim. Res. 46 (2): 205-207.
- S. Wakchaure, I. D. Gupta, Archana Verma, Dinesh Kumar and G. S. Sonwane. (2012). Association of Genetic Variants of Partial Exon 3 Region of TLR4 Gene with Mastitis in Sahiwal Cattle”. Indian J. Anim. Res. 46 (2): 208-209.
- Raja K. N., Gupta. I. D. and Archana Verma (2012). Single strand conformation polymorphism at 5’ flanking region of lactoferrin gene in Sahiwal cattle. The Indian Veterinary Journal 89 (9): 16-18.
- Azad M. S., I. D. Gupta, Archana Verma, Raja. K. N, Ritwik Hazra and Rajesh Kumar S (2012). Detection of coagulation factor XI gene deficiency in Sahiwal cattle. The Indian Veterinary Journal. 89 (6):61-62.
- Rajesh S. Wakchaure, I. D. Gupta, Archana Verma, Rajesh Kumar S. and Dinesh Kumar (2012). Study of toll-like receptors 4 (TLR4) gene in cattle: A review. Agri. Reviews, 33 (3): 220 – 225.
- P. Soumya, I. D. Gupta, Archana Verma, K. N. Raja, Inderasen Chauhan, Mahesh Chaudhari and R. S .Wakchaure. (2013). Identification of CARD-15 Gene Polymorphism in Sahiwal Cattle. Indian J. Anim. Res. 47 (1): 83-86.
- Chopra Alka, I. D. Gupta, Archana Verma, Soumya N.P and V. Vohra (2013). Identification of Lactoferrin gene Polymorphism and its association with Mastitis incidence. Journal of Animal Research, 3 (1): 103-108.
- Virendra Kumar, I. D. Gupta, Archana Verma, S. Rajesh Kumar and M.V. Chaudhari (2013). CD14 Gene Polymorphism using HinfI Restriction Enzyme and its Association with Mastitis in Sahiwal Cattle. Indian J. Anim. Res., 48 (1): 11-13.
- Wakchaure, R.S., I. D. Gupta, Archana Verma, Dinesh Kumar and Rajesh Kumar S. (2013) PCR-RFLP with Alu I Restriction Enzyme in TLR4 Gene of Sahiwal Cattle. Indian J. Anim. Res. 47 (2): 172-174.
- Indrasen Chauhan, Archana Verma, Ishwar Dayal Gupta and Gokul S. Sonawane (2013) Genetic Polymorphism in Caspase Activating Recruitment Domain 15 and its Association with Incidence of Mastitis in Murrah Buffalo. Buffalo Bulletin, 32 (Special Issue 2): 723-728.
- Verma Archana, Ishwar Dayal Gupta and Ravinder Singh Gandhi (2013) Genetic Variability in Production and Immune Function Genes Associated with Production Traits and Incidence of Mastitis in Indian Murrah Buffalo. Buffalo Bulletin, 32 (Special Issue 2): 729.
- Alka Chopra, I. D. Gupta, Archana Verma and V. Vohra (2014). PCR-RFLP analysis of bovine lactoferrin promoter and its association with mastitis incidence in crossbred (Karan Fries) cattle. The Indian Journal of Vet. Sci. 2(1): 34-38.
- Alka Chopra, I. D. Gupta, Archana Verma and V. Vohra (2014). Detection of Allelic Variants in Lactoferrin gene promoter using Created Restriction Site PCR-RFLP and its Association with Mastitis. The Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 84 (10): 1068-1070
- Raja K. N., Gupta. I. D. and Archana Verma (2014). Sequence characterization of lactoferrin gene promoter region in Bos indicus cattle. Indian J. Anim. Res., 48 (1): 6-10.
- Sakthivel Selvan, I.D. Gupta, Archana Verma, Mahesh V. Chaudhari, Shishir Kanungo and S. Rajesh Kumar (2014). Characterization of promoter region of CD14 gene and Association with clinical mastitis in Karan Fries cattle. Indian J. Anim. Res., 48 (6): 545-547.
- Selvan A. S., Gupta I.D., Verma A., Chaudhari M. V., Kumar V. (2014) Cluster of differentiation 14 gene polymorphism and its association with incidence of clinical mastitis in Karan Fries cattle. Veterinary World 7(12): 1037-1040
- Ramendra Das, ID Gupta, Archana Verma, Avtar Singh, Mahesh V Chaudhari, Lalrengpuii Sailo, RC Upadhyay and J Goswami (2015).Genetic polymorphisms in ATP1A1 gene and their association with heat tolerance in Jersey crossbred cows. Indian J. Dairy Sci. 68 (1).