Dr B.S. Chandel
Dr B.S. Chandel
Division of Dairy Economics, Statistics & Management , ICAR-NDRI, Karnal
Current Research Area
Production economics, Impact assessment and priority setting, value chain analysis and policy research
- M.Sc (Agricultural Economics)
- Ph.D (Agricultural Economics)
- MBA (from IGNOU)
Major Research Projects: completed and on-going:
- Micro-level Priority Setting in Agriculture (NATP sub-project)
- Assessing Impact of Oilseeds Research in India (Institute Project)
- Returns to Investment on R&D of Crossbreeding Technology in Haryana (Institute Project)
- Visioning and Strategic Planning for Dairy Sector in India (NAIP Project)
- Value Chain Analysis for Enhancing the Performance of Animal Feeds Industry in Diverse Dairy Production Environments (NABARD Project)
- Development and Application of Multi-market model for policy analysis in the dairy sector (on-going)
25 years of experience of teaching and guiding the graduate and post graduate students
Agricultural Production Economics, Econometrics, Linear Programming, Operations Research, Quantitative Development Policy Analysis
Awards and Fellowships:
- ICAR Senior Fellowship in Ph.D. (1984-88)
- Polish Government Scholarship in National Economic Planning (1989-90)
- AHRD Fellowship for three months at Cornell University, Ithaca, U.S.A (1997)
- Commonwealth Academic Staff Fellowship-2009
- First Best paper awards (One time from AERA(India) and two times from IDA)
Published more than eighty research articles in peer-reviewed research journals, eight specialized reports, and five-course material
Ten latest publications in research journals:
- Chandel B.S. and Rishikanta Singh (2015) Policy Interventions for mainstreaming of Small Milk Producers in Contemporary Production System – a Value Chain Analysis of Indian Dairy Sector. Indian Journal of Dairy Science 68(1): 73-80.
- Sharma, Mukesh and Chandel, B.S. (2016) Structure, Conduct, and Performance of Selected Wholesale Market of Intermediate Dairy Products in India-Critical Issues and Concerns. Indian Journal of Economics and Development, 12(1): 133-141.
- Singh, Shyam Prakash; Chandel, B.S. and Horo, Aniketa (2016) Is that high claims plug widening of livestock Insurance Scheme? A case study of Haryana State. Indian Journal of Economics and Development, 12(1a): 525-530.
- Chowdhary, Soumitra, and Chandel, B.S. (2016) Value Chain Analysis of Animal Feed Sector in Indian States of West Bengal and Odisha. Indian Journal of Economics and Development, 12(3): 475-482.
- Kumari, Binita and Chandel, B.S. (2016) Trends in demand, supply and trade of pulses in India: What makes the retail prices to rise? Indian Journal of Agricultural Marketing, 30(3):67-73.
- Dubey, L.R. and Chandel, B.S. (2017) Comparing total factor productivity of milk and major crops in Haryana: its implications on future investment. International Journal of Research in Economics and Social Sciences, 7(11): 20-29. (ISSN (o): 2249-7382.
- Lal, Priyanka, and Chandel, B.S. (2017) Total factor productivity in Milk Production in Haryana. Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol. 30(2): 279-284.
- Horo, Aniketa and Chandel, B.S. (2018) What are the constraints in crossbreeding programme and technology in Jharkhand? Indian Journal of Economics and Development, 14(1): 126-132.
- Kumari, B; Chandel, B.S., and Lal, Priyanka (2018) An econometric analysis of optimality for sustainable paddy production in India. Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol. 31(Conference Number): 139-145.
- Chandel, B.S.; Lal, Priyanka and Kumari, Binita (2019) Livestock production systems, subsidies, and its implications: An investigation through review of the literature. Indian Journal of Dairy Science 72(2): 121-128.