Dr Asif Mohammad
Dr Asif Mohammad
ICAR- National Dairy Research Institute , ERS Kalyani
Current Research Area
Innovation system research, Entrepreneurship development
- M.Sc. : Dairy Extension Education
- Ph.D. : Dairy Extension Education
Major Research Accomplishments
‘Attitude Scale’ to measure milk producers’ attitude towards organized as well as unorganized system of milk marketing has been developed. Identified Actor Linkage Matrix of key actors involved in milk market innovation system in different agro-climatic zones of West Bengal and the constraints faced by the milk producers while marketing of milk. The training needs and adoption pattern of improved dairy farming practices have been identified in case of dairy entrepreneurs of West Bengal.
- Amitabha Mukhopadhyay Gold Medal (For securing first class first position in B.Sc. (Ag))
- Director’s Gold Medal (For securing first class first position in M.Sc. (Management Group))
- Attended 4 months FOCARS (Foundation Courses for Agricultural Research Service) training in National Academy of Agricultural Research Management, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad.
Patents, Technology, Methodology, Genetic Stock, Variety, etc.:
- Methodology has been developed to measure producers’ attitude towards different system of milk marketing.
- Asif Mohammad, Khajan Singh & M.L. Roy (2006). Adoption Level of Dairy Entrepreneurs in Relation to Improved Dairy Farming Practices in Murshidabad District (West Bengal). Indian Journal Of Extension Science,1(2):9-12
- M.L. Roy,S. Mondal and A. Mohammad (2006). Hierarchy of Development Goals of Gram Panchayat Organization in West Bengal – From Members’ Perspective. Indian Journal Of Extension Science,1(2):37-42
- Antima Halder, Khajan Singh and Asif Mohammad (2007). Constraints Perceived by Farmers in Selling Raw Milk and Chhana to Sweet Makers in Kolkata (West Bengal). Indian Journal Of Extension Science,2(1&2):9-11