Dr. Anupama Mukherjee
Dr. Anupama Mukherjee
Animal Genetics & Breeding Division, ICAR-NDRI, Karnal
Current Research Area
Animal Genomics, Animal Conservation and Genetic Improvement programmes (Sahiwal cattle); Molecular Cytogenetic techniques; Population Genetics and Animal Breeding Methods.
- B.V.Sc. & A.H.
- M.V.Sc.& A.H. (AGB)
- PhD (AGB)
Awards & Honours:
- International Training to USA under NAIP, 2009
Members of the Societies:
- Member of Madhya Pradesh State Veterinary Council, Bhopal
- Life Member of Indian Dairy Association
- Life Member of the Society of Animal Genetics and Breeding
- Life Member of the Society for Conservation of Domestic Animal Biodiversity
Recent Research Publications:
- Mukherjee, Sabyasachi, Cai, Z., Mukherjee, Anupama et al.Whole-genome sequence and de novo assembly revealed the genomic architecture of Indian Mithun (Bosfrontalis). BMC Genomics20, 617 (2019) doi:10.1186/s12864-019-5980-y
- Anupama Mukherjee, Sabyasachi Mukherjee, ImsusosangLongkumeret al. Genomic Characterization of Mithun (Bosfrontalis) populations using High Density Array. Indian J.Genet. 79 (1): 1-7.
- Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Anupama Mukherjee, Rahul Singh Jasrotia, SarikaJaiswal, M.A. Iquebal, ImsusosangLongkumer, MoonmoonMech, KezhavituoVüpru, KobuKhate, ChandanRajkhowa, Anil Rai, Dinesh Kumar. 2019. Muscle transcriptome signature and gene regulatory network analysis in two divergent lines of a hilly bovine species Mithun (Bosfrontalis). Genomics, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygeno.2019.02.004.
- Anupama Mukherjee, Sabyasachi Mukherjee, RajanDhakal, MoonmoonMech, ImsusosangLongkumer, Haque, KobuKhate, Kezhavituo, Yanger Jamir, PursenlaPongen, ChandanRajkhowa, AbhijitMitra, BerntGuldbrandtsen and GoutamSahana. 2018. High Density Genotyping reveals Genomic Characterization Population Structure Genetic Diversity of Indian Mithun (Bosfrontalis). Scientific Reports, 8:10316 DOI:10.1038/s41598-018-28718-x
- ImsusosangLongkumer, Anupama Mukherjee, Sarat Chandra Yenisetti, Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Moonmoon Mech. 2015. Complete Chromosomal characterization of Mithun (Bosfrontalis). International Journal of Innovative and Applied Research, Volume 3, Issue (7): 13- 21.
- ImsusosangLongkumer, Anupama Mukherjee, Sarat Chandra Yenisetti, Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Moonmoon Mech. 2015. Complete Cytogenetic Insight of Tho-Tho Cattle. Journal of Agricultural Science and TechnologyVolume 5, Number (4): 277-285
- Mukherjee, S. Mukherjee, I. Longkumer and A.O. Adebambo (2014). Molecular Cytogenetic Studies on Indian mithun, gaur, mithun cattle crossbred and cattle. Chromosome Research, 22, (3): 410.
- Mukherjee, S. Mukherjee and I. Longkumer (2014). Cytogenetic Architecture of Indian mithun (Bosfrontalis), mithun cattle crossbred by conventional staining, G-, C and R-banding techniques. Chromosome Research, 22, (3): 427.
- SeikhSahanawazAlam, Siddhartha Narayan Joardar, Ashis Kumar Panigrahi, ThangapalamJawahar Abraham, Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Anupama Mukherjee. 2014. Immunobiochemical Characteristics of Purified Native Leptin Protein from Indian Major Carp, Rohu (Labeorohita Ham.). Open Journal of Immunology. 4: 139-147. Published Online December 2014 in SciRes. http://www.scirp.org/journal/oji http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/oji.2014.44016
- Mukherjee Sabyasachi, Mukherjee Anupama, Longkumer I, MechMoonmoon, KhateKobu, P, Perumal and RajkhowaChandan. 2014. Morphomertic Characterization of Indian mithun. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 84(6): 699-702.
- S.Kale, B.R.Yadav,AnupamaMukherjee,et al.2013. Exploring DNA Polymorphisms of Leptin Gene within Indian water Buffaloes. Journal of Advanced Veterinary Research. 3 :20-26.
- S.Kale, B.R.Yadav, Anupama Mukherjee et al.2013. Single strand conformation polymorphism within Butyropyllin gene and its relationship with milk yield in Indian Riverine buffaloes. Buffalo Bulletin, 32(4):253-259.
- Das, K.C., Barauh, K.K., MukherjeeAnupama and Rajkhowa, C. 2012. Carcass characteristics and meat quality in mithun (Bosfontalis) fed on tree leaves based ration in comparision to local cattle (Bosindicus). Indian Journal of Animal Sciences.82 (4):433-435.
Numbers of Publications:
- Books/Book Chapters: 04,
- Research Papers: 35
- General articles: 10
Recent Research Projects Handled as PI:
- Indigenous Breed Improvement Programme – AICRP (Sahiwal) (ICAR funded ;continuing from 2016)
- Genome Wide Association Study on Growth and feed efficiency traits in Mithun (Bosfrontalis) (ICAR funded; 2013-2015).
- Application of Fluorescent in-situ Hybridization to find out the unique features in mithun chromosome (ICAR funded; 2010-2014).
- Genetic Studies of Leptin gene and its association with growth and nutritional performance in mithun (ICAR funded; 2008-2012).
- Genetic Studies on Mithun (ICAR funded;2007-2011).