Dr Ajmer Singh
Dr Ajmer Singh
Division of Dairy Economics, Statistics & Management , ICAR-NDRI, Karnal
Current Research Area
Sustainability of Gaushalas,Economic feasibility of indigenous cattle
- M.Sc. (Dairy Economics)
- Ph.D. (Dairy Economics)
Research work done so far and on-going:
As Principal Investigator/ Lead worker
- District-level Data Base Creation and Maintenance thereof in respect of the area, production and input usage of major crops w.e.f 1960
- Economic analysis and impact assessment under AICW&BIP
- Impact assessment of wheat production technologies
- Socio-economic analysis and characterization of cotton-based systems
- Potential and Prospects of Campbell Bay being Production Hub to Meet
- Requirements of PDS (Rice) and Perishable Foods of Nicobar District
- Demand and Supply Analysis of Livestock Products in Andamans
- Determination of carrying capacity for organic farming in A & N islands
- Impact Assessment of Technological Interventions in Andaman
- A study on the sustainability of Gaushalas in Haryana
- Estimation of production and utilization pattern of milk and milk products in India (—ongoing —–)
As a coordinator at Zonal Project Directorate
- National Initiative on Fodder Technology Demonstrations (NIFTD)
- Demonstration programme on Hydrogel technology
- Kisan Mobile Advisory (KMA)
- Frontline Demonstration programme (FLD)
- Cost accounting and financial management
- Dairy business management
- Research methodology for social sciences
- Advanced micro-economic analysis
- Ajmer Singh (2006), “Economic analysis of wheat production across cropping systems in North-Western India”, Indian Journal of Agricultural Research, 40(3), Sept 2006.
- Ajmer Singh, Satyavir Singh and Surendra Singh (2007), “Economic Analysis of Production Constraints in Wheat Crop: Case of North-Western India”, Journal of Wheat Research, 1 (1&2): 108-112.
- Ajmer Singh, Amandeep, Satyavir Singh and Kulwant Singh (2007), “Food Processing Scenario in Haryana: Prospects, Constraints, and Competitiveness with Special Reference to Wheat”, Kautilya – Haryana Economic Journal, XXVI (1-2), 2005-06: 39-45.
- Ajmer Singh (2008), “Wheat Economy of North – West India: Growth patterns, Yields, and Cost aspects”, Agricultural Situation in India, January 2008: 490-496.
- Ajmer Singh, Satyavir Singh and Surendra Singh (2008), “Economic Analysis of Production Constraints in Wheat Crop: Case of North-Western India”, Agricultural Situation in India, June 2008: 145-149.
- Ajmer Singh, Satyavir Singh and Ajit Singh Kharub (2009) “Kapas – Gehoon Fasal Paddhati Ka Samajik Evam Aarthik Vishleshan”(Hindi), Bhartiya Krishi Anusandhan Patrika, 24(1): 31-38.
- Amandeep, Rajender Kumar, and Ajmer Singh (2009). “Fixed Capital Formation in Primary Sector in Haryana”, Eco.Jr, XXVII (1-2).
- Ajmer Singh, Satyavir Singh and Surendra Singh (2012), “A Study of Yield Gaps, Production Levels and Economics of Improved Wheat Production Technologies”, Indian Journal of Rural and Agricultural Research, XII (1).
- Suman Lata and Ajmer Singh (2012), “Wheat Production Information Retrieval System (WPIRS)”, International Journal of Computer Applications,58(2) November 2012
- Subhash Chand, Sharwan Singh, Ajmer Singh, S Dam Roy and NK Krishan Kumar (2013), “Sustainable Ecotourism Development for Tropical Islands: A case study of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India”, International Journal of Environmental Research and Development, ISSN No 2249-3131, 3(4) pp 59-64.
- Ajmer Singh, Rajbir Yadav, and Satyavir Singh, 2013. “Exploring Possibilities of Extending Wheat Cultivation to Newer Areas: A Study on Economic Feasibility of Wheat Production in Southern Hills Zone of India”, Agri. Economics Research Review, 26 (2) : 281-286.
- Ajmer Singh, 2015. “Demand and Supply Analysis of Livestock Products in Andaman and Nicobar Islands”, Indian J Econ Dev, 11 ( 4): 801-814
- Ponnusamy K, Ajmer Singh, and Shrija Sinha, 2018. “Disaster Management in Livestock Farming: Experience of NDRI”, Compendium of International Symposium on Animals in Disaster, Sept 26-27, 2018 pp. 94-113.
- G L Pallavi, Ajmer Singh, B S Chandel, R Shendhil and S S Lathwal, 2018. Evaluation of alternate animal identification techniques and livestock insurance products in Bengaluru rural district of Karnataka, J. Eco. & Dev., 6(9), Sept 2018.
- Shweta Bijla and Ajmer Singh, 2019. Economic Study of Gaushalas in Haryana: Functioning and Profitability. Indian Journal of Dairy Science, 72(1)
- Shweta Bijla, Khalandar S, Priya Sharma, and Ajmer Singh, 2019. An Analysis of Constraints Faced by Gaushalas in Haryana. Economic Affairs, 64 (1), pp. 01-06, March 2019
- Singh DR, AK Singh, Ajmer Singh, Nagesh Ram, LB Singh, Jaisuunder, and Shrawan Singh (2012) Farm Innovations and ITKs in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, CARI, Port Blair.
- Narula AM, Ajmer Singh, Keshava and Udit Jain, 2013. “Smart Farming on Small Farms”, Zonal Project Directorate, Zone-I, Ludhiana
- Velumurgan A, Ajmer Singh, and SK Ambast, 2011. “Water Resource Management for Sustainable Agriculture and Livelihood Improvement”, Central Agricultural Research Institute, Port Blair.
- S. Dam Roy, Ajmer Singh, Subhash Chand, Zamir Ahmed, Nagesh Ram, S L Paik, and LB Singh, 2013, Technological Interventions and Farm Innovations: a way ahead for the Island Farming Community, CARI, Port Blair.
- Ajmer Singh and Seema Ramani, 2014. “Livestock Sector in Andaman and Nicobar Islands (India) – Demand supply analysis. LAMBERT Academic Publishing, ISBN: 978-3-659-36604-8