Dr. Raman Seth
Dr. Raman Seth
Dairy Chemistry Division N.D.R.I, KARNAL- 132001, Haryana Telephone No.: 0184- 2259144
Current Research Area
Milk Proteins, chemical analysis of milk and milk products,
- Ph.D Dairy chemistry
Major Research Accomplishments
• Develop a KIT for the detection of adulteration in milk and generated
Revenue above seven lac for the institute.
• Developed a process for preparation of low-cholesterol ghee.
• Developed a dual purpose Gerber butyrometer for simultaneously determination of quality and quantity of milk fat.
• Shelf – life enhancement of ghee using natural antioxidants.
• Isolation and characterization of MFGM from goat milk
• Quality assessment of SMP manufactured in India.
• Preparation of freeze dried protein rich powder from buffalo
Guidance to student : Guided 7 M.Sc Students.
Patents, Technology, Methodology, Genetic Stock, Variety, etc.:
- Patent Filed: Patent application on “A process for the preparation of Low- Cholesterol Ghee” has been filed at patent office, New Delhi and the Application has been accorded #1078/DEL/2006 dated 27.04.2006
- Technology Developed: A technology for the preparation of Low – Cholesterol Ghee has been developed at pilot plant level.
- Methodology Developed: A simple and rapid approach for simultaneous determination of quantity and purity of fat in milk using dual purpose Gerber butyrometer.
- Detection of milk fat adulteration with admixture of foreign oils and fats using fractionation technique and Apparent Solidification Time test. Arun Kumar, Darshan Lal, Raman Seth and Vivek Sharma International J. Dairy Technology 63(3): 457-462, 2010
- Apparent Solidification Time test for detection of foreign oils and fats adulterated in clarified milk fat, as affected by season and storage. Arun Kumar, Darshan Lal, Raman Seth and Vivek Sharma International J. Dairy Technology 62(1): 33-38, 2009.
- Lactic acid and titratable acidity measurement in formalin preserved milk. Rajan Sharma, Darshan Lal, Raman Seth, B.K.Wadhwa and Y.S.Rajput Indian J. Dairy Sci. 62(2): 96-100, 2009.
- A simple colorimetric test for detection of rice bran oil in ghee Amit Kumar, Darshan Lal, Vivek Sharma and Raman Seth Indian J. Dairy Sci. 62(1):71-73, 2009.
- Applicability of enzymatic diagnostic kit for cholesterol estimation in ghee. Vivek Sharma, M.J.Sudharshana Reddy, Sumit Arora, Amit Kumar, Darshan Lal, Raman Seth, B.K.Wadhwa and G.S.Sharma J. Food Sci.& Technol. 46(3) : 244-246,2009.
- Applicability of lactic acid estimation methods in milk in presence of additives. Rajan Sharma, Darshan Lal, Raman Seth, B.K.Wadhwa and Y.S.Rajput Indian J. Dairy Sci., 60(6): 399-404, 2007.
- Dilatometric detection of body fats, vegetable oils and hydrogenated fat (vanaspati) added to milk fat. Arun Kumar, Darshan Lal, Raman Seth and Vivek Sharma Indian J. Dairy Sci., 60(4): 244-247, 2007.
- A rapid method of cholesterol estimation in ghee using non- enzymatic diagnostic kit. Vivek Sharma, Tushar Makwana, Sumit Arora, Amit Kumar, Darshan Lal, Raman Seth, B.K.Wadhwa and G.S.Sharma. Indian J. Dairy Sci. 61 (5): 353-359, 2008.