Dr. Kaushik Khamrui
Dr. Kaushik Khamrui
Dairy Technology Division, ICAR-NDRI, Karnal, Haryana, Telephone No.: 0184 2259242(O)
Email: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Research Area
• Sensory Evaluation of Milk & Milk Products • Traditional Indian Dairy Products
- B.Tech. (Dairy Technology)
- M.Tech (Dairy Technology)
- Ph.D. (Dairy Technology)
Major Research Accomplishments:
- Technology of Curcumin fortified Ghee and Lassi
- Technology of BhapaDahi
- Technology of Reduced Calories Peda
- Technology Ready to Use Oat Semolina Kheer Mix
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) fellowship to carry out part of Doctoral Research at Federal Research for Nutrition, Karlsruhe, Germany
- Senior Research Fellowship of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (August 1996 to June 2000) in Ph. D.
- Junior Research Fellowship of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (August 1994 to July 1996) in M. Tech.
- National Scholarship, Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt. of India (August 1990 to July 1994) during Graduation.
|Completed Research Projects|
|S.No.||Title of Project||Funding
|Role||Duration/Date of completion|
|Ongoing Research Projects|
|1.||Development of Functional Traditional Sweetmeats Through 3-D Food Printingunder Extramural Research Project Proposal||ICAR||PI||2020-2021|
|Completed Research Projects|
|1.||Development of Geriatric Dairy food having prophylactic attribute against Alzheimer’s disease||DST||PI||April 2011-March 2014|
|2.||Development of spray dried whey protein based curcumin encapsulates.||ICAR-NDRI||Co-PI||April 2017-March 2019|
|3.||Improving Knowledge in Preparation of Traditional Milk Products through Multimedia.||ICAR-NDRI||Co-PI||April 2016-March 2019)
|4.||Career Dynamics of Dairy Graduates in India: A Stakeholders Analysis.||ICAR-NDRI||Co-PI||April 2016- March 2019|
|5.||Development of low sodium cheese varieties||ICAR-NDRI||Co-PI||April 2015- March 2017|
|6.||Healthy Foods: Production of Stable and Active Probiotics||MoFPI||Co-PI||March 2013 – October 2015.|
|7.||Process Development for the Production of Functional Butter||ICAR-NDRI||Co-PI||March 2011-April 2013|
|8.||R & D Support for Process Up-gradation of Indigenous Milk Products for Industrial Application||ICAR-NDRI||Co-PI||March 2011-April 2013|
|9.||Isolation of Glycomacropeptide from Buffalo Milk Cheese Whey||ICAR-NDRI||Co-PI||March 2010-April 2012|
Training programmes conducted:
- Course Director of International Training Programme sponsored by Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC), Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on “Milk and Milk Products Processing” during March 4-18, 2019 for Professionals from African Nations
- Course Director of21 days training program entitled “Advances in Production, Functional, Rheological and Quality Aspects of Traditional Indian Dairy Products” organized under the aegis of CAFT in Dairy Processing during October 8-28, 2013 at Dairy Technology Division, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, Haryana
- Course Co-Director of International Training Course on Milk and Dairy Products Processing held during October 03-09, 2012 for Afghan Nationals sponsored by UNDP Kabul, Afghanistan at Dairy Technology Division, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, Haryana.
- Course Coordinator of Advanced Course in Faculty Training on Technological Developments in Cheese and Fermented Dairy Foods July 5 – 25, 2011. Dairy Technology Division, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, Haryana
raining programmes attended:
- Refresher Course in Agricultural Research Management at NAARM, Hyderabad during January, 7-20; 2013.
- Content Management for e-Learning System. October 19-29, 2010. National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM), Hyderabad, India.
- Data Analysis Using SAS, January 24-31, 2011. Strengthening statistical Computing for NARS, National Agricultural Innovation Project. Dairy Economics Statistics and Management Division, N.D.R.I.,
- Attended ‘National Training on Basic and Applied Approaches in Designing of Dairy Based Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods’ during 18-27 July, 2011 at NDRI, Karnal.
A. Research Articles
- Pahwa, A and Khamrui, K (2020). Optimization of ingredients and processing time for the development of functional dairy dessert (Kheer). March, Journal of Food Processing and Preservation. https://doi.org/10.1111/jfpp.14451 (IF:1.288)
- Singh, R., Prasad W., Khamrui, K (2019). Effect of ingredients and processing parameters on the sensory, instrumental colour, texture and microstructure of Indian Journal of Dairy Science 72 (5) 462-472.
- Singh, R., Prasad W., Khamrui, K (2019). Sensory Characterization of Pinni – a milk cereal based sweet using quantitative descriptive analysis and principal component analysis. Indian Journal of Dairy Science 72 (3) 241-248.
- Singh, R., Khamrui, K (2019). Estimating cost for production of wheat flour based Pinni. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 8 (1) 532-536.
- Lodh, J., Prasad W., Khamrui, K (2018). Optimization of heat treatment and curcumin level for the preparation of anti-oxidant rich ghee from fermented buffalo cream by Central Composite Rotatable Design. Journal of Food Science and 55 1832–1839. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-018-3098-x (IF:1.849)
- Sandhya, S., Khamrui, K., Prasad, W. & Kumar MCT (2018). Preparation of pomegranate peel extract powder and evaluation of its effect on functional properties and shelf life studies. LWT – Food science and Technology. 92. 416-421. (Citations: 23). (IF: 3.714)
- Choudhary, U., Sabikhi, L., Husaain, S. A., Khamrui, K., &Vij, S. (2018).Stabilizing the primary emulsion with hydrophobic emulsifiers and salt for encapsulating herbal extracts in a double emulsion. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation. https://doi.org/10.1111/jfpp.13699(IF:1.288)
- Prasad, W., Khamrui, K., Mandal, S., &Badola, R. (2017). Anti-oxidative, physico-chemical and sensory attributes of burfi affected by incorporation of different herbs and its comparison with synthetic anti-oxidant (BHA). Journal of Food Science and Technology, 54(12), 3802-3809. (IF:1.849)
- Prasad, W., Khamrui, K., Mandal, S., &Badola, R. (2018). Effect of combination of essential oils on physico-chemical and sensorial attributes of burfi in comparison to individual essential oil and BHA. International Journal of Dairy Technology, 71 (3), 810-819. (IF:1.522)
- Prasad, W., Khamrui, K., &Sheshgiri, S. (2017). Effect of Packaging Materials and Essential Oils on the Storage Stability of Burfi, a Dairy Dessert. Journal of Packaging Technology and Research, 1(3), 181-192.
- Nayek, S., Khamrui, K., Prasad, W., Singh, B., Singh, R., and Debnath, A., (2017). Optimization of Sensory Profile of Steamed Dahi (BhapaDoi) as function of Ingredients Using Response Surface Methodology. Indian Journal of Dairy Science 70 (3) 273-279.
- Parmar, P., Khamrui, K. (2017). Development of process for the production of Arjuna herbal ghee from buffalo milk. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 87 (2) 203-207.
- Amitraj, K., Khamrui, K., Devaraja, H. C. and Mandal, S. (2016). Optimization of Ingredients of a Chhana (heat acid coagulated milk curd) based Low Fat Spread Using Response Surface Methodology. International Journal of Dairy Technology.69 (3)393-400. DOI: 10.1111/1471-0307.12272.(IF:1.522)
- Puri, R., Khamrui, K. (2016) Effect of temperature on moisture sorption isotherm and thermodynamics of intermediate moisture category Indian milk product cham-cham. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation. 40 (5) 999-1009. DOI:10.1111/jfpp.12680. (NAAS Rating: 7.16) (IF:1.288)
- Puri, R., Khamrui, K., Sudhir, T and Lule, V.(2017). Effect of ingredients and processing parameters on the texture and microstructure of acid-heat coagulated dairy dessert. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation. 41 (2) (NAAS Rating: 7.16). e12841, DOI: 1111/jfpp.12841. (IF:1.288)
- Puri, R., Khamrui, K, Khetra, Y., Malhotra, R and Devaraja, H. C. (2015) Quantitative descriptive analysis and principal component analysis for sensory characterization of Indian milk product cham-cham. Journal of Food Science and Technology. 53 (2) 1238-1246. DOI 10.1007/s13197-015-2089-4. (NAAS Rating: 8.20). (IF:1.849)
- Rathod, G. S., Khamrui, K (2015). Instrumental texture profile of reduced calorie Peda as a function of ingredients using Response Surface Methodology. International Journal of Dairy Technology. 68 (4) 543-549. (IF:1.522)
- Parmar, P., Khamrui, K.,Devraja, H. C. and Singh, R. R. B. (2013). The effects of alcoholic extract of Arjuna (Terminaliaarjuna Wight &Arn.) bark on stability of clarified butterfat. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research. 4 (35) 2545-2550. DOI: 10.5897/JMPR2013.5114. (Citations: 26)
- Mandal, S., Hati, S., Puniya, A. K., Khamrui, K. and Singh, K. (2014). Enhancement of survival of alginate-encapsulated Lactobacillus casei NCDC 298. J of Science of Food and Agriculture. 94 (10) 1994-2001. DOI 10.1002/jsfa.6514. (IF:1.522)
- Khamrui, K. and Solanki, D. C. (2010). The relationship of textural characteristics with composition of Sandesh produced from various market milk classes. International J of Dairy Technology. 63 (3) 451-456. [DOI: 10.1111/j.1471-0307.2010.00591.x]. (IF:1.522)
- Khamrui, K., Dutta, S and Dave, K. (2004). Effect of frying, freezing and rehydration on texture profile of paneer and relationships between it’s instrumental and sensory textural attributes. Milchwissenchaft(Milk Science International) 59 (11/12) 640-644.
- Khamrui, K., Kumar, S and Bandyopadhyay, P. (2003). Instrumental texture profile of chhanapodo as influenced by level of ingredients.Milchwissenchaft (Milk Science International) 58 (5/6)289-292.
- Khamrui, K., Pal, D. and Rajorhia, G. S. (2001) Production of ready-to-reconstitute beverages from Cheddar cheese whey and Kinnow mandarin juice. Milchwissenchaft (Milk Science International).56 (10) 456-458.
B. Book Chapters
- Hati, S., Vij, S., Mandal S and Khamrui K (2014) Utilization of Soy Oligosaccharides during fermentation by Lactobacilli. L. S. Schweizer and S. J. Krebs (eds) In: Oligosaccharides: Food Source, Biological Roles and Health Implications. Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York. 233-251.
2. Khamrui, K., Devaraja, H. C., and Rathod, G. (2014). Technological advancement in production of traditional Indian Dairy products. In: Dairy and Food Processing Industry. B. K. Mishra (ed). Biotech Tech Books, 4762-63/23 Ansari Road, New Delhi – 110 002. Pp 18-29.
3. Devaraja, H. C., Khamrui, K., and Sathishkumar, M. H. (2014). Technological advancement in production of traditional Indian Dairy products. In: Dairy and Food Processing Industry. B. K. Mishra (ed). Biotech Tech Books, 4762-63/23 Ansari Road, New Delhi – 110 002. Pp 162-171.
4. Hati, S., Mandal, S. and Khamrui, K. (2013). Functional Dairy Beverages. In: Animal Products Technology. Mandal, P. K. and Biswas, A. K. (eds). Stadium Press (India) Pvt. Ltd. 4735/22, 2nd Floor, Prakash Deep Building. Ansari Road, Darya Ganj, New Delhi-110 002. Pp 203-215.
5. Mandal, S., Hati, S. and Khamrui, K. (2013). Functional Starters for Dairy Products. In: Animal Products Technology. Mandal, P. K. and Biswas, A. K. (eds). Stadium Press (India) Pvt. Ltd. 4735/22, 2nd Floor, Prakash Deep Building. Ansari Road, Darya Ganj, New Delhi-110 002. Pp 344-354.
6. Khamrui, K. (2012) Sensory Evaluation of Health Foods: Requirement and Techniques. In: Health Foods: Concept, Technology and Scope. R. K. Gupta, S. Bansal and M. Mangal (eds). Biotech Tech Books, 4762-63/23 Ansari Road, New Delhi – 110 002. Pp 729-745.
7. Khamrui, K. and Rajorhia, G. S. (2005) Profitable use of whey. Indian Dairy Industry. Vol -1. Dairy Information Centre Pvt Ltd. 202 Gupta Arcade, Delhi 110 092. 144-145.
C. Popular articles
- Hati, S; Prajapati, J. B; Mandal, S; Khamrui, K (2013). Biofunctional whey-based beverages. Indian Dairyman. 65 (5) 62-69.
- Hati, S; Mandal, S; Khamrui, K; Prajapati, J. B (2013). Microencapsulation of probiotic cultures for preparation of yoghurt. International Journal of Fermented Foods. 2 (1) 47-61.
- Mandal, S; Hati, S; Khamrui, K; Singh, R and Khetra, Y (2012). Pulsed Light: Futuristic Non-thermal Approach for Microbial Decontamination in Food Products. Indian Food Industry. 31 (3) 16-23.
- Khamrui, K. and Solanki, D. C. (2007). Flavouring with Functionalities. Times Foods Processing Journal. 5 (9) 23-25.
- Bandyopadhyay, P. and Khamrui, K. (2007). Technological Advancements on Traditional Indian Desiccated and Heat-acid coagulated Dairy Products. Australian Journal of Dairy Technology.62(2):4-10.
- Bandyopadhyay, P. and Khamrui, K. (2007). Technological Advancements on Traditional Indian Desiccated and Heat-acid coagulated Dairy Products. Bulletin of International Dairy Federation No 415, 4-10.
- Khamrui, K. and Rao, K. N., (2007). Probiotic Dairy Products. National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) Diary 19 (6) 3-5.
- Bandyopadhyay, P. and Khamrui, K. (2007). Technological Advancements on Traditional Indian Desiccated and Heat-acid coagulated Dairy Products. Indian Dairyman. 58 (11) 59-65.
- Kumar, S., Khamrui, K. and Bandyopadhyay, P. (2002). Process optimization for commercial manufacture of chhanapodo.Indian Dairyman54 (10) 61-65.
- Khamrui, K. and Rajorhia, G. S. (1999) Non-thermal technologies for food preservation. Indian Dairyman. 52 (2) 21-27.
|1.||A multipurpose device for processing of high viscous products in particular dairy and food products. Patent No. 266115. Date of Grant: 01/04/2015|