Dr K. Ponnusamy
Dr K. Ponnusamy
Dairy Extension Division, NDRI Deemed University, Karnal - 132 001 (Haryana) India. Phone: +91-184-2259210 (Office), 09466963690 (Mobile)
Email: Email:firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Current Research Area
- BSc (Agri),Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- MSc (Agrl Extension), Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- MBA, Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi
- PhD (Dairy Extension), National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, Haryana
Major Research Accomplishments
$0$0$0$0Untitled Document$0$0$0$0$0$0Research articles$0$0 $0$0$0$0Ponnusamy, K, Ambasankar, K and Ponniah, A.G. 2012. Production and marketing of fish meal in India- a study. Indian Journal of Fisheries. 59 (1): 147-149.$0$0Ponnusamy, K, Jyoti Nayak and Sabita Mishra 2012 Development of women friendly expert system in crop and animal enterprises Journal of Extension Education XVII (1).$0$0Ponnusamy, K, Shukla, A.K and Moharana Gayatri 2011 Determinants of adoption of horticulture crops in backyard gardens Progressive Horticulture 43 (2): 328-331.$0$0Ponnusamy, K and Swathilakhmi, P.S. 2011 Farmers’ perception of critical factors for success of indigenous shrimp feed in India Fishery Technology 48 (1): 95-98.$0$0Ponnusamy, K 2010 Production constraints of animal based farming systems in coastal India Indian Journal of Extension Education 46 (3 & 4)): 26-30.$0$0Ponnusamy, K and Jancy Gupta 2010 Contributing factors for sustainable livelihood in different farming systems in coastal areas Outlook on Agriculture 9 (3)): 185-189.$0$0Ponnusamy, K and Jancy Gupta 2009 An assessment of sustainable livelihood parameters in coastal farming systems Indian Journal of Dairy Science 62 (5): 374-380. $0$0Ponnusamy, K Jancy Gupta and R Nagarajan 2009 Indigenous Technical Knowledge (ITKs) in dairy enterprise in coastal Tamil Nadu Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge 8 (2): 206-211. $0$0Ponnusamy, K and Jancy Gupta 2009 Livelihood contribution, prospects and problems of aquaculture in integrated farming systems Indian Journal of Fisheries 56 (4): 317-322.$0$0Ponnusamy, K and Jancy Gupta 2008 Information seeking behaviour of farmers in different coastal farming systems of Tamil Nadu IASSI Quarterly. 26 (4): 64-74. $0$0Ponnusamy, K and Jancy Gupta 2007 Information processing and sharing behaviour of IFS farmers Indian Journal of Extension Education 43 (1 & 2): 71-75.$0$0Ponnusamy, K and Jancy Gupta 2007 Factors associated with sustainable livelihood parameters in different enterprise combinations Indian Veterinary Journal 84 (12): 1289-1291.$0$0Ponnusamy, K and Jancy Gupta 2007 Fisheries Based Farming System for Sustainable Livelihood of Coastal Farmers Indian Journal of Fisheries 54 (3): 327-331.$0$0Ponnusamy, K and Jancy Gupta 2006 Factors influencing sustainable livelihood parameters in different farming systems Asian Journal of Extension Education 35 (1 & 2): 5-9.$0$0Ponnusamy, K and K.Ambasankar 2006 Technological Interventions for Socio- conomic Enrichment of Dairy Farmers Indian Journal of Dairy Science 59 (1): 33-36.$0$0Ponnusamy, K and Jancy Gupta 2006 Credit utilisation, decision-making pattern and marketing behaviour of farmers in different coastal farming systems Agricultural Situation in India LXIII (8): 479-484.$0$0Ponnusamy, K and Karthikeyan, C 2006 Contract Farming of Sugarcane in Tamil Nadu Indian Journal of Extension Education 42 (3 & 4): 32.35.$0$0Ponnusamy, K and Jancy Gupta 2006 Economic perspective and extension strategies for promoting organic farming Haryana Economic Journal XXVI (1&2): 46-50. $0$0Ponnusamy, K. Jayanthi M and Kumaran M 2006 Farmers participatory assessment of biological control measures in rice based coastal agro-eco system Journal of Indian Society of Coastal Agricultural Research 24 (2): 320-321.$0$0Ponnusamy, K and Jancy Gupta 2005 Village Development Through Crop Diversification in a Peri-urban Setting IASSI Quarterly 23 (4): 58-66.$0$0Ponnusamy, K and Jancy Gupta 2005 Agro-eco system profile of farmers in different coastal farming systems Journal of Extension Education 17 (3 &4): 3826-3831.$0$0Ponnusamy, K 2005 Assessing the efficiency of improved sickle and coconut dehuskers in reducing the drudgery of farm women Agricultural Extension Review 17 (5): 5-7. $0$0Ponnusamy, K Jayanthi M, Kumaran M and N.Thenmathi 2004 Influence of socio economic variables on level of adoption of prawn / fish pickle making technology Fishing Technology 4 (1): 63-66.$0$0Ponnusamy, K 2004 Simple insect trap helps Indian farmers market better grain. ACIAR’s Supply Chain Matter News Letter Issue No.1.$0$0Ponnusamy K and M.Jayanthi 2004 Pulses as bund crops in rice field Agricultural Extension Review 16 (4): 11-13.$0$0Ponnusamy, K and R. Subramanian, 2004 Assessment of knowledge level of shrimp entrepreneurs Indian Veterinary Journal 81 (9): 72-74.$0$0Ponnusamy, K and N. Thenmathi 2004 Farmer participatory evaluation of Saline tolerant rice varieties International Rice Research Notes vol. 2, pp: 83-84.$0$0Ponnusamy, K and Jancy Gupta 2004 Agricultural Extension-New Paradigms. Agricultural Extension Review 16 (6):3-6.$0$0Ponnusamy, K., S.M.Pillai and C.Sarada 2004 Problems of Shrimp Entrepreneurs in Tamil Nadu MANAGE Extension Research Review 5 (2): 32-44.$0$0Ponnusamy, K. 2003. Information seeking behaviour of shrimp farmers Indian Veterinary Journal 80 (12): 63-66.$0$0Ponnusamy, K 2003 Farmers participatory assessment of neem based insecticide in controlling the ear head bug (Leptocorisa acuta) in rice Madras Agric. Journal 90 (7-9): 564-566.$0$0Ponnusamy, K, Ambasankar, K and N.Thenmathi 2003 Participatory planning for livestock development Agricultural Situation in India LX (9): 575-578.$0$0Ponnusamy, K and K.C. Ravi 2002 Factors influencing marketing behaviour of paddy farmers Journal of Extension Education 13(2): 3336-3339.$0$0Ponnusamy, K. and K.C. Ravi 2002 Problems encountered by paddy farmers in marketing Journal of Extension Education 13(3): 3396-3397.$0$0Ponnusamy K 2002 Perceived training needs of farmers on shrimp farming in Orissa Journal of Extension Education, Orissa Society of Extension Education VII(1 & 2): 80-83. $0$0Ponnusamy, K., T. Ravisankar, M. Kumaran, I.S. Azad, K. Ambasankar, K.R. Neelambar and G. Ranganathan 2001 Technology assessment and refinement in coastal agriculture for higher sustainable production Journal of Indian Society of coastal Agricultural Research 19 (1&2): 280-284.$0$0Ponnusamy, K., K. Gopinathan, M. Kumaran and M. Krishnan 2001 Constraints analysis in adoption of shrimp farming in Tamil Nadu Journal of Applied Fisheries and Aquaculture 1(1): 103-105.$0Krishnani, K.K., Gupta, B.P, Muralidhar, M, Saraswathy, R, Pillai, S.M, Ponnusamy, K and Nagavel 2011 Soil and water characteristics of traditional paddy and shrimp fields of Kerala Indian Journal of Fisheries 58 (4): 71-77. $0$0Krishnani KK, Nagavel A, Kathiravan V, Ponnusamy K, Solanki, Pillai SM and Ponniah AG 2013 Evaluation of bagasse assisted biostimulation in coastal aquaculture through field and molecular approaches Research and Reviews in Biosciences 7 (7):277-293.$0$0Kumaran, M., Ponnusamy, K and M.Krishnan 2004 Utilisation of Information Sources by Shrimp Farmers Indian Journal of Extension Education XXXX (1&2): 63-66.$0Jayanthi, M, Ponnusamy, K, Azad, I.S, Ravisankar, T, Kumaran, M and Thenmathi, N 2004 Technology assessment and refinement in coastal agriculture system reducing drudgery and post harvest loss Journal of Indian Society of Coastal Agricultural Research 22(1&2):339-340.$0$0Kumaran, M. and K. Ponnusamy 2001 Training needs of shrimp farmers – An assessment Fishery Technology 38 (2): 125-128.$0Ravisankar, T., K. Ponnusamy, M. Kumaran, I.S. Azad, K. Ambasankar, K.R. Neelambar and G. Ranganathan 2001 Resource Management in coastal aqua farmers – case study of Tiruvallur district of Tamil Nadu Journal of Indian Society of Coastal Agricultural Research 19 (1&2): 256-259.$0$0Krishnan, M., P.S. Birthal, T. Ravisankar, K. Ponnusamy, M. Kumaran, and Harbir Singh 1999 HACCP guidelines and Economics of seafood processing- an impact analysis Indian Journal of Agricultural marketing 13 (2).$0$0$0$0$0
- Best Oral Presentation Award for National Conference on Water Crisis Management Under Changing Climate during 16-17 November 2012 at Bhubaneswar organised by Gugly Centre for Biological Research, Bhubaneswar
- Best Oral Presentation Award for National Conference on New Vistas in Indian Aquaculture in commemoration of silver jubilee celebration of CIBA during 23-24 February 2012 at CIBA, Chennai
- Best article award of 2009 published in the Indian Journal of Dairy Science
- Best article award of 2007 published in the Indian Journal of Dairy Science
- Shri. K.Chidambaram Memorial award for best extension work in 2008
- Third prize for essay titled, Combating female foeticide in india in state level essay competition
- Second prize in the poster presentation on IVLP project of CIBA under World Bank funded NATP project
- Best article award of 2006 published in the Indian Journal of Dairy Science
- GCBR Award-2013 for popularisation of biological science on the occasion of National Workshop, Achieving Food Security in the Face of Climate Variability by Gugly Centre for Biological Research on 26th November 2013 at Bhubaneswar.
- Dairy Extension Division bagged first position in the Dairy Mela 2014 exhibition organised by National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal during 25-27 February 2014
Patents, Technology, Methodology, Genetic Stock, Variety, etc.:
- Participatory technology refinement of CIBA shrimp feed, crab fattening
- Participatory technology development in use of sugarcane bagasse for ammonia removal, green water technology in shrimp ponds, Micro brackishwater analysis kit, pH and DO kit
- Demonstration of 52 technological interventions in TAR mode under NATP
- Development of Sustainable Livelihood Index (SLI) for evaluating farming systems
- Criteria development for popularizing indigenously developed aqua feeds
- Preparation of 15 bankable aqua projects to promote entrepreneurship
- Risk evaluation of coastal aquaculture for introducing L.vannemei in India
- Gender studies on migration of women agricultural labours, Agri Clinics and farmers club of NABARD
- Demonstration of Public Private Partnership (PPP model) in maize cultivation in Odisha and facilitating PPP models for organic farming in Assam, vegetable cultivation in Tamil Nadu and mushroom cultivation in Kerala.
- Completion of Network project by involving TNAU, TANUVAS and ZPD-8 to develop expert system for 5 crops (paddy, sugarcane, finger millet, banana and coconut) and 3 animal enterprises (cow and buffalo, sheep and goat and poultry)
- Ponnusamy, K. 2004, Technology Assessment in Agriculture, Yojana, July 48: 37
- Ponnusamy, K. and CH. Srilathavani 2004, Application of expert system in agriculture and dairy development. Kisan World, September 31(9): 39-40.
- Ponnusamy, K. and M. Shanmugam, 2004, Problems and practices of production of organic dairy products in India. Journal of Indian Food Industry, May-June, 23 (3): 41-44.
- Ponnusamy, K 2004. Entrepreneurship problems of shrimp farmers in planning, project preparation and project implementation stages. Aquaculture Asia. IX (1): 33-35.
- Ponnusamy, K, Jancy Gupta and B.S.Malik 2005. Contribution of dairying in integrated farming system, Indian Dairyman. May, 57 (5): 39-43.
- Ponnusamy, K 2005, Mobile communication in rural development, Kisan World, June. 32 (6): 9
- Ponnusamy, K and C. Sarada 2005 Empowering women through value addition techniques in fisheries. Intensive Agriculture. May-June XXXXIII (5 and 6):14-15.
- Ponnusamy, K. 2005. Technology Transfer through Rural Based Organisation. Tamil Nadu Journal of Cooperation. 6 (1): 17-18.
- Ponnusamy, K. 2006. Farmers participatory assessment of zinc in increasing rice yield. Indian Farming. 56 (6): 9-10.
- Ponnusamy, K and Jancy Gupta. 2006. Pattern of Integrated Farming System in the Coastal Belt of Tamil Nadu. Tamil Nadu Journal of Cooperation. 7 (1): 15-16.
- Ponnusamy, K and Jancy Gupta. 2006. Sustaining livelihood through sheep based farming system. Tamil Nadu Journal of Cooperation. 7 (3): 15-17.
- Ponnusamy, K. 2006. Scientific fish drying method. Sea queen. November. 1 (12): 15-16.
- Ponnusamy, K and Karthickeyan, S.M.K. 2007. Enhancing The Productivity of Sheep Through Madras Red Breed. Indian Farming. 58 (12): 19-28.
- Ponnusamy, K and Walli, T.K. 2007. Contract Dairy Farming Versus Dairy Cooperatives- Relative Strengths and Weaknesses. Indian Dairyman. 59 (4): 53-60.
- Ponnusamy, K and Jancy Gupta. 2008. Integrated farming system pays to farmers in coastal agro-ecosystem. Indian Farming. 58 (2): 8-11.
- Ponnusamy, K and N.Kalaimani. 2008. Scientific dry fish making (Hindi). Kethi. 61 (7): 32-33.
- Ponnusamy, K ., Prem Kumar, S.M.Pillai, M.Muralidhar, C.Gopal, H.Solanki and R.G.Patil. 2010. Brackishwater aquaculture in Gujarat: Current status and CIBA’s initiatives. Fishing chimes. 30 (1): 108-111
- Ponnusamy, K and Karthickeyan, S.M.K 2011. Technology Assessment and Refinement Approach for Sustainable Livestock Development in India. Agricultural Extension Review. XXIII (2):8-13.
- Ponnusamy, K ., Sabita Mishra, M.Prusty and SSJ Dash. 2012. Market linkages for women farmers: Public Private Partnership shows way ahead. Indian farming. 61 (12): 25-28.
- Ponnusamy, K ., and Kundan Kishore. 2012. Empowerment of farm women through Public Private Partnership. Kheti. 64 (12): 28-30.
- Ponnusamy, K. 2012. A farm business model for aquaculture centric farming system. Indian Farming. 62 (1): 31-33.
- Ponnusamy, K and Krishna Srinath. 2013. The mechanism of rural migration and technological interventions to reduce it. Indian farming. 62 (10): 11-14 and 29.
- Krishnani, K.K., Ponnusamy, K, Kailasam, M, Nagavel, A, Kathiravan, V and Ponniah, A.G. 2010. Integration of biological approaches in coastal aquaculture for discharge water treatment. EvertyhingAboutWater. September p 76-78.
- Ponnusamy, K. 2013. Impact of public private partnership in agriculture: A review Indian Journal of Agricultural Science. 83(8):803-8
- Ponnusamy, K,Jyoti Nayak, Ananta Sarkar, MPS Arya and Manoranjan Prusty. 2013. Comparative performance and gender appraisal of random and line planting in paddy (Oryza sativa) cultivation. Indian Journal of Agricultural Science. 83(10):99-101