Experimental Dairy Plant has been set up at this Institute with the objective of providing necessary infrastructure facilities to the scientists for the scaling up of new products/processes developed in the laboratories on the pilot scale as well as to provide training facilities to the students in the operation of dairy plants. After meeting the requirements of research and teaching, the plant is used for converting the surplus milk into variety of dairy products such as, Milk Powder, Pasteurized Butter, Ghee, Paneer, Burfi, Kalakand, Lassi, Ice Cream, Processed Cheese etc. These products were sold through the Institute’s Milk Parlour located at the Institute’s main entrance.
- Experimental Dairy provides practical teaching & Training facility to students & scientists of the N.D.R.I. Deemed University.
- It also provides training facility to outside students of various universities, colleges in the Diary field. 81 student were provided training during the year 2013 from under mentioned institutions.
- Amity University NOIDA (U.P.)
- Choudhary Devi Lal University Sirsa
- D.A.V. College Jalendhar
- DCR University of Science & Tech Murthal (Sonipat) Haryana
- Deen Bandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science & Tech Murthal (Sonipat) Haryana
- Deptt of Tech Islamic University Awastipura (J&K)
- Doon Vally Institute of Engineering & Tech Karnal (Haryana)
- Govt. Polytechnic ETAWAH
- Guru Jambheswar University of Science & Tech Hissar Haryana
- IGNOU (New Delhi)
- M.C.M D.A.V College for Women (Chandigarh)
- Maharishi Markandeshwar University Mualana
- NIMS University Jaipur
- Sam Higginbotton Institute of Agri Tech Sci. Allahabad (UP)
- Sant Longowal Institute of Eng & Tech Longowal- 148106 Distt. Sangrur
- UIET; Punjab University (Chandigarh)
- University Institute of Engineering & Tech Kurukshetra University (Haryana)
- Vit UNIVERSITY Vellore Tamil Nadu
- Experimental Dairy, self sustaining dairy running under Revolving Fund Scheme since 1989-90. Revenue generated through scheme is being utilized for development of infrastructure of experimental dairy.
- Experimental Dairy is certified under Quality management system I.S./ISO 9001-2000 and food safety (IS-15000-1998)HACCP by BIS Chandigarh.
The Experimental Dairy is divided into following Sections
- Condensing and Drying
- Market Milk
- Butter and Cheese
- Sales Sections
- Quality control Laboratory
Price List of Milk Products Being Sold at Milk Parlour
Name of Products
|Present Price (Rs.)|
|1||Table/P. Butter (200 gm.) Per Pkt.||110.0|
|2||Paneer 500gm. Per Pkt.||160.0|
|3||Paneer 250gm. Per Pkt.||80.0|
|4||Proc. Cheese Slice (200 gm.) Per Pkt.||150.0|
|5||Ice-Cream (100 ml.) Per Cup||30.0|
|6||Kalakand Per Kg.||420.0|
|8||SMP Roller (Powder) Per Kg.||500.0|
|9||Gulab Jamun Mix (Powder) 500gm.||180.0|
|10||Pizza Cheese (200 gm) Per Pkt.||120.0|
|11||Green cheese/Cheddar Cheese Per Kg.||420.0|
|12||Mozzarella Cheese Per Kg.||360.0|
Milk Parlour Timings
|Window Opening Time:||9.30 AM|
|Window Closing Time:||5.30|
|Lunch Break Time:||1.00 PM To 2.30 PM|
- Facility of swipe machine for payment by card available.