Mr Prateek Sharma
Dairy Technology Division, NDRI, Karnal-132001, Haryana. Telephone No: 09996240409
Current Research Area
Dairy analogues, Mathematical modelling, protein-polysaccharide interactions
- B. Tech in Dairy Technology
- M. Tech in Dairy Technology
- European M.Sc. in Food Science, Technology & Nutrition.
Major Research Accomplishments
- A process for ready-to-use Basundi Mix was developed. The sorption and thermodynamic properties of basundi mix were estimated.
- Long-life directly acidified formulated milk drink was developed with Glanbia Food Ingredients (an Irish company).
- Process development and innovation in the manufacture of demineralised whey powder for the infant formula industry.
- Heat Stability trends of Demineralised whey powder in IMF
- Participant in 5th International Whey Conference 2008 held in Paris on 7-9 September 2008.
- Best Paper award in XXXV Dairy Industry Conference held at Banaras Hindu University in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh during February 19-21, 2008.
- Selected for European Commission (Erasmus Mundus) grant for the year 2006-2008
- Awarded Institute fellowship by NDRI after securing 1st rank in Ph.D. entrance exam 2005.
- Participant in the XXXIII Dairy Industry Conference held at Hotel Ashoka, New Delhi, September 26-28, 2004.
- Participant in 5th International Food Convention, Mysore, India in 2003. Theme: Innovative Technologies & Quality Systems-Strategies for global competitiveness.
- Awarded Junior Research Fellowship by ICAR for year 2002-2004, after securing 1st rank on all India basis in ICAR’S JRF 2002
Patents, Technology, Methodology, Genetic Stock, Variety, etc.:
- Indian Patent filed for ‘A formulation and process for ready to reconstitute Basundi mix.’ Prateek Sharma, R.R.B.Singh, G.R.Patil and A.A.Patel. (Patent application no. 2226/DEL/2007)
- Sharma Prateek, Singh RRB, Patel AA and Patil GR (2009). Sorption isotherms and thermodynamics of water sorption of ready-to-use Basundi mix. LWT – Food Science and Technology 42: 441–445
- R.S. Patel, R. S. Mathur, S.A. Sheth, N.N. Patel and Prateek Sharma (2006) Industrial Method of Ghee Making at Panchmahal Dairy, Godhra. Indian Dairyman 58 : 8 (http://www.indairyasso.org/aug2006/issue_aug_2006.htm).
- Sharma Prateek, Singh RRB, Patel AA and Patil GR (2005) Study of mathematical models applied to sorption isotherms data of ready-to-reconstitute basundi mix. Paper presented at the National Seminar on Value Added Dairy Products held at National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal from December 21-22, 2005 (Souvenir: Abstracts, SQM-21, p.187)
- Sharma Prateek, Singh RRB, Patel AA and Patil GR (2004) Development of ready-to-reconstitute Basundi mix. Paper presented at the XXXIII Dairy Industry Conference held at Hotel Ashoka, New Delhi, September 26-28, 2004 (Souvenir: Poster Abstracts, DP-35, p.108).
- Sharma Prateek, Makhal S., Kumar Anil and Kanawjia SK (2004). Thermogenic Foods And Supplements: A Novel Dieting Philosophy. Food and Pack. May Issue. P 20-26.
- Gupta, H.R., Arora, K.L. Sharma, P., Kanawjia, S.K. (2013). Kinetics of various chemical changes during storage of processed cheese. Krishika 2 (1): 39-44 (Hindi research journal published by ICAR).
- Gupta, HR, Arora, KL. Sharma, P, Kanawjia, SK (2013). Effect of temperature on sensory attributes of processed cheese during storage. Asian J. Dairy and Food Res. 32 (1): 13-18
- Bast R, Sharma P, Easton HKB, Dessev TT and Lad M and Munro PA (2015) Tensile testing to quantitate the anisotropy and strain hardening of mozzarella cheese. International Dairy Journal, 44, 6-14.
- Sharma P, Dessev, T, Munro, PA, Gillies, G, Wiles, P, Golding, M, James, B and Janssen, P. (2015). Measurement techniques for steady shear viscosity of Mozzarella-type cheeses at high shear rates and high temperature. International Dairy Journal, 47, 102-108.
- Sharma P, Munro, PA, Dessev, T, Wiles, P, and Buwalda, RJ. (2015). Effect of shear work input on steady shear rheology and melt functionality of model Mozzarella cheeses. Food Hydrocolloids, 54, 266-277.