Dr. Laxmana Naik N
ICAR-NDRI, SRS, Bengaluru. +91 9996123653
Current Research Area
- 1. PhD. (Dairy Chemistry): ICAR-National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal
- 2. MSc. in Dairy Chemistry: ICAR- National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal
- 3. B. Tech (Dairy Technology): Dairy Science College, UAS, Hebbal, (KVAFSU-Bidar).
Major Research Accomplishments
- Jawaharlal Nehru Award for Outstanding Doctoral Thesis Research in Agricultural and Allied Sciences (For Animal Sciences Category)- 2016.
- ICAR-SRF fellowship: for the Doctoral degree (2011)
- ICAR-JRF fellowship for MSc. Degree (2005-2007)
- Best Poster Award” at XII Agricultural Science Congress- 2015: On the topic “Design of lateral flow assay for detection of oxytetracycline in milk”
- Best Poster Award” in the Poster -Walkway of Discovery at 7th Nutra India Summit- 2012, held at The Lalit, Bengaluru, on the topic “Glycomacropeptide Star functional Ingredient from milk”
- Best Poster Award-First Place at National Seminar on Quality-A tool for Value addition of Dairy Foods, for Sowmya, H. S; B. Surendra Nath; Laxmana Naik N; M Sivaram and Heartwin A Pushpadas, during on 23-24 Jan-2016, at Hotel Parag, Bengaluru, on the topic “Validation of Formula for Solids-not-Fat determination of milk: Scope for the development of new formula”
- Best Oral Presentation award-2nd Place at National Seminar on Quality-A Tool for Value Addition of Dairy Foods, to M.P. Rahila; B Surendra Nath; Laxmana Naik N; M. Manjunath and Heartwin A Pushpadas, on 23-24 Jan-2016, at Hotel Parag, Bengaluru, on the topic “Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) extract: A source of natural antioxidants to extend the shelf life of ghee”
- Best Poster Award” on the Topic “Optimization of Biofunctionality of Whey Protein Hydrolysates by Trypsin Enzyme” at 2nd International conference on Functional Dairy foods.Held at NDRI Karnal, Nov. 2011
- 1.Foundation course training for Agricultural Research Scientist at National Academy of Agricultural Research Management, Hyderabad: 01-Jan 2014 to 29-Mar 2014.
- 2.Attachment training at Export Inspection Council of India, Export Inspection Agency, Kochi Laboratory, From 12-May-2014 to 12-Aug-2014.
Patents, Technology, Methodology, Genetic Stock, Variety, etc.:
- 1. Developed Lateral flow assay for the detection of oxyetracycline antibiotics in milk.
- 2. Developed molecular imprints for the detection of oxyetracycline antibiotics in milk- for analyte pre-concentration by SPE and then analysis by HPLC.
- 3. Developed a process for the optimization of whey protein hydrolysis: for Bio-functionality(ACE Inhibitory, antioxidant properties).
- 4. Patent Application Number: 201811004766: Reference No. E-2/223/2018-DEL, Filed a Patent on “Stabilization of non-ionic surfactant based nanovesicles loaded with resvertrol using stearic acid and method of preparation thereof”
- 1.Naik Laxmana, Mann B, Bajaj, R Sangwan R B and Sharma R, (2013). Process optimization for the production of Whey protein hydrolysates: Adopting response surface methodology. International Journal of Peptide Research and Therapeutics, 19(3) 231-237.
- 2.Laxmana Naik, Bimlesh Mann, Rajesh Bajaj, R B Sangwan, Rajan Sharma and Manju G. (2012). Techno-functional Properties of Whey Protein Hydrolysates Prepared Using Trypsin. Indian Journal of Dairy Science. 65(2):141-145.
- 3.Laxmana Naik, Rajan Sharma, Raju Naik, Girish Lakshmana and Karuna Devi (2011). Lean laboratory approaches for quality assurance in food: International Journal for Quality Research. 5(3): 187-192.
- 4.Naik Laxmana., Sharma Rajan., Rajput Y. S. and Manju G. (2013) Application of High Pressure Processing Technology for Dairy Food Preservation – Future Perspective: A Review. Journal of Animal Production Advances, 3(8), 232-241.
- 5.Laxmana Naik, Kiran lata, Rajan Sharma, Y.S Rajput and Abhishek (2013) Health implications, Science behind A1 and A2 Milk, Food and Beverage News: Aug 16-31, 27-30.
- 6.Kiran Lata, Rajan Sharma, Laxmana Naik, Rajput Y.S. and Bimlesh Mann. (2015). Synthesis and application of cephalexin imprinted polymer for solid phase extraction in milk. Food Chemistry. 184: 176-182.
- 7.Laxmana Naik, Kiran Lata, Rajan Sharma, Bimlesh Mann, and Rajput, Y.S. (2014). Production of polyclonal antibody for oxytetracycline and their use in lateral flow assay Journal of Microbiology, Immunology and Biotechnology. 1(2): 8-17.
- 8.Irungbam Karuna., Chavhan,S.G., Shrikant Kulkarni; Sonphule, A. M.; Laxmana Naik and Hanah, S. S. (2013) Hypervitaminosis/vitamin poisoning in animals. North-East Veterinarian 13 (2); 3-6, 8.
- 9.Kiran lata, Laxmana Naik, Rajan Sharma and Rajput Y. S. (2013), Lateral Flow Assay -Concept and its Applications in Food Analysis, Indian Food Industry Mag. 32(5), 22-32.
- 10.Kiran Lata, Arvind Kumar Jaiswal, Laxmana Naik, and Rajan Sharma. (2015). Gold Nanoparticles: Preparation, Characterization and Its Stability in Buffer. Nano Trends. 17(1), 1-10.
- 11. Rajan Sharma, Rajput Y. S., Amit Barui and Laxmana Naik. (2012). Detection of Adulterants in Milk- Lab manual. NDRI Publication No. 88.
- 12.Manjunath B M, Manju G, Santosh Mishra, Laxmana Naik, and Kohli R. K. (2012). Techno-functional Properties of Whey Protein Hydrolysates Prepared Using Trypsin. Indian Journal of Dairy Science. 65(5):293-297.
- 13. Lata, K., Sharma, R., Naik, L., Rajput, Y. S., & Mann, B. (2015). Lateral Flow Assay–Based Rapid Detection of Cephalexin in Milk. Journal of Food Quality.
- 13. H. V. Raghu, Nimisha Tehri, Laxman Naik and Naresh Kumar. 2015. Quality Assurance of Fermented Dairy Products. In: Fermented Milk and Dairy Products, Anil Kumar Puniya, CRC Press, ISBN 9781466577978 – CAT# K16820 PP. 603-635;
- 14.Kiran Lata, Laxmana Naik and Arvind Jaiswal (2014). Lauki : Prakrutik samrakhak. (2014). Defense Food Science Magazine. 2014-15, 23:82-85. Popular Article (Hindi)
- 15. Girish L, Rajunaik B, Mahesh Kumar G, Ashish Kumar Singh and Laxman Naik N. 2015. Development of a Rabadi-like Wheat Based Fermented Milk Beverage. FRONTIER JOURNAL OF VETERINARY AND ANIMAL SCIENCES. 4(1).83-88.
- Naik, Laxmana., Sharma, R., Mann, B., Lata, K., Rajput, Y. S., & Nath, B. S. (2017). Rapid screening test for detection of oxytetracycline residues in milk using lateral flow assay. Food Chemistry, 219, 85-92.