Dr M L Kamboj
Livestock Production & Management section National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal (Haryana), India Contact Information:+91-184-2259119 (O), 919416333188 (Mobile) +91-184-2201218 (R)
Current Research Area
Livestock Production & Management
- M.Sc. Dairying (Livestock Production & Management)
- Ph.D. Dairying (Livestock Production & Management)
Major Research Accomplishments
• Have more than 12 years of experience in research in dairy animal production and management. Worked as principal investigator and associate in 12 research projects mainly aimed at evolving, testing and refinement of dairy animal production management practices.
• Current research projects include “A pilot study on the development of organic milk production system” and “testing/ refinement of protocols for management of dairy calves and modernization/ automation of dairy farm operations.”
Teaching and training experience:
• Teaching one UG (Milk Production Management) and four PG courses (1. Cattle and Buffalo Production Management 2. Farm Animal Behaviour 3. Advances in Cattle and Buffalo Management 4. Advances in Applied Ethology)
• Guided 8 scholars for the degree of M.V.Sc. Dairying (LPM) and currently 3 M.V.Sc and 3 Ph.D. scholars are pursuing their research work under my guidance.
• Regularly giving lectures to extension functionaries, farmer groups, field veterinarians, para-veterinary staff and other trainees at the institute’s KVK on different topics on scientific dairy farming.
Dairy Farm Management experience
• Worked as In-charge of a large sized of Nili-Ravi buffalo Farm at Central Institute for Research on Buffaloes, Sub-Campus, Nabha, Punjab for 5 years
• Working since last 4 years as a Team Member of the scientists for the routine management of the institute Cattle Yard which as maintaining a large sized breeding herds buffaloes, indigenous cows and crossbred cows.
Consultancy projects handled:
Prepared 20 Detailed Project Reports including the designing of farm building layouts for setting up of cattle and buffalo based different sized dairy farms in different parts of the country.
Patents, Technology, Methodology, Genetic Stock, Variety, etc.:
- Published a total of 45 articles which includes 20 research articles in various National and International Journals, 12 technical article, 2 book chapters and 11popular articles.