Dr. S. S. Lathwal
Livestock Production & Management section NDRI, Karnal (Haryana), India Tel:+91-184-2259109 (O)
Current Research Area
- B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture
- M.Sc. Dairying (Livestock Production & Management)
- Ph.D. Dairying (Animal Genetics & Breeding)
Major Research Accomplishments
• 11 years of experience in research in livestock production and management. Worked as principal investigator and associate in 09 research projects mainly on standardization and refinement of dairy animal production management practices.
• Current research projects include “Study of vocalization patterns in Murrah buffaloes” and to develop new algorithm of animal voice recognition for individual identification of buffalo based on their voice only and ultimately will help in automation of dairy farm operations.
• Consultancy projects: Prepared detailed dairy development Project with feasibility reports including the designing of farm building layouts for setting up of cattle and buffalo based different sized dairy farms in different parts of the country.
Guidance to student:
Patents, Technology, Methodology, Genetic Stock, Variety, etc.: