Mr. Saurabh Kadyan
Dairy Microbiology Division
Current Research Area
Application of Metagenomics for studying microbial diversity of traditional fermented milk products; Rapid detection of foodborne pathogens in dairy matrices
- B.Tech. (Dairy Technology), ICAR-National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal
- M.Tech. (Dairy Microbiology), ICAR-National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal
Major Research Accomplishments:
- Development of “Three-step – Enzyme based kit” for detection of E. coli/Coliforms in
- Best Thesis Award for Outstanding Research Work in academic session 2014-15 in field of Dairy Processing
- Merit Certificate for academic excellence in M.Tech. (Dairy Microbiology) and B.Tech. (Dairy Technology)
- Institutional fellowship awarded by ICAR-NDRI, Karnal for pursuing M.Tech. (Dairy Microbiology)
- Qualified ICAR-NET with 67% marks conducted by ASRB in Aug’ 2016
- Qualified 1st Junior Analyst Exam with All India Rank 6 conducted by FSSAI in Jan’ 2018
Teaching and Training:
Currently, I am involved in the teaching of the following courses: DM-221 (Starter Culture and Fermented Milk Products); DM-625 (Research Techniques in Dairy Microbiology); DM-311 (Quality and Safety Monitoring in Dairy Industry); DM-613/FS-613 (Microbiology of Fluid Milk and Dairy Products); DM-622 (Microbial Genetics) and DM-624 (Probiotics for Health Foods).
Kumar, N., Lawaniya, R., Avinash, Arora, B., Raghu, H.V., Balhara, M., Kadyan, S. and Kumar, V. Marker enzymes and spore germination based assay for detection of E. coli in milk and milk products. Indian Patent no. 2214/DEL/2014.